cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
thebaronn
Beginner
Message 11 of 16

Re: BT Whole Home Wifi - Duplicate Names For Connected Devices

Bump. Same issue. Looks like the name is tied to IP address rather than MAC (doh!). The products MAC filtering controls are useless without this. Disc firmware 1.02.05 build10 / iOS app 1.02.12
jjhome123
Beginner
Message 12 of 16

So,  BT, you obviously don't read these forums AT ALL!

I have similar issues with your firmware. The "My devices" page shows devices that are currently connected to the Hub. That's good. Shows device names and MAC address. But, when you then go to the Access Control page where you give timed restrictions to devices, devices either appear as their names or as MAC addresses. This is not AT ALL user friendly. Sure, as the devices are showing as names on the My Devices page, this can be simply translated across to the Access Control page?! In order to block one of the kids so that they tidy their room, I have to first work out which MAC address applies to which device and then block it by that. It works, but a terrible setup, and so surprised it's still this bad after SEVERAL YEARS!

Please fix this and issue a firmware update. 

In fact, please acknowledge that you've at least read this thread?!

0 Ratings
Dan-O
BT Devices Expert
BT Devices Expert
Message 13 of 16

Hi @jjhome123 

Thanks for your post. This thread describes an old issue with the white discs (Whole Home Wi-Fi) which was fixed in a firmware update (v1.02.06build11 and later versions) released in October 2018.

Can you confirm your issue relates to Whole Home Wi-Fi or are you using BT Smart Hub 2 with Complete Wi-Fi (black discs)?

Thanks,

Dan-O

0 Ratings
jjhome123
Beginner
Message 14 of 16

Hi Dan-O

Thank you for replying so quickly. It's a black hub unit - glows blue when connected. I can't easily access the unit as it's locked away in a cupboard behind this desk but on WiFi it shows up as a BTHub6-HX and BTHub6-HX-5 for the two frequencies.
Firmware ver: SG4B1000E020 (28 Mar 2020).
Are you able to determine the unit from this?
Best,
JJ

0 Ratings
Dan-O
BT Devices Expert
BT Devices Expert
Message 15 of 16

Hi @jjhome123 

Thanks for confirming - that looks like a BT Smart Hub A so your issues are different from the ones in this thread (as I mentioned, these were fixed in a later firmware update to Whole Home Wi-Fi).

I would suggest to post a new thread with your comments related to the BT Smart Hub A (Also BT Hub 6A) as this is different software and one of the Hub device experts will be able to help further and easily find your comments.

Thanks,

Dan-O

0 Ratings
AscotMike
Beginner
Message 16 of 16

I have the same problem and mine is a HUB 5. When I change the device name it changes another device name (different MAC and IP address. This results in two devices always having the same name.
0 Ratings