cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
marcoramius
Message 2 of 2

BT Whole Home Wifi Issue - Nest Protects Won't Connect - Please help!

Hi,

Because of poor wifi signal in our house, I recently bought and set up 2 x BT whole home wifi discs (1 upstairs, 1 downstairs, connected to each other and the router via ethernet cable and a gigabit switch).

The discs work brilliantly with everything else all over the house on wifi and I'm really pleased that it has eliminated all the wifi dead spots in the house, but with Nest Protects, despite wiping and resetting each of the 5 I have, and restarting the wifi network several times, only the Nest Protects in range of the downstairs (main) disc connect to the wifi. The ones upstairs don't seem to see the upstairs disc, and instead try and fail to connect to the disc downstairs, resulting in 2 Nest Protects  that are connected to the bt disc and wifi downstairs, and 3 (in the kids bedrooms) that are "offline" upstairs.

I have no idea what to do to fix this, and Nest have just referred me to BT. Ironically the Nest Protects used to work fine with the old single wifi router we had - although not much else did!

I'm not very technical, but any clear advice you might have to fix the problem would be much appreciated!

Many thanks,

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
marcoramius
Message 1 of 2

BT Whole Home Wifi Problem - Nest Protects Won't Connect - Please help!

Hi,

Because of poor wifi signal in our house, I recently bought and set up 2 x BT whole home wifi discs (1 upstairs, 1 downstairs, connected to each other and the router via ethernet cable and a gigabit switch). The discs work brilliantly with eveything else, but with Nest Protects, despite wiping and resetting each of the 5 I have, and restaring the wifi network several times, only the nest protects in range of the downstairs (main) disc connect to the wifi. The ones upstairs don't seem to see the upstairs disc, and instead try and fail to connect to the disc downstairs, resulting in 2 Nest Protects  that are to the bt disc downstairs, and 3 (in the kids bedrooms) that are "offline" upstairs.

I have no idea what to do to fix this, and Nest have just referred me to BT. Ironically the Nest Protects used to work fine with the old single wifi router we had!

I'm not very technical, but any clear advice you might have to fix the problem would be much appreciated!

Many thanks,

Toby

0 Ratings