Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BobbyS
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

BT Whole Home Wifi Keeps Disconnecting.

Hello,

I have BT Wholehome WIFI Discs set up throughout the house. I have 4 discs. Since installing the 3rd and 4th disc, I have had 2 occasions where I have either woken up in the morning and all but the main disc are disconnected or come home from work to find the same. It is incredibly frustrating. One the first occasion, resetting via the app sorted it in seconds, on the second occasion (overnight) I just get a message saying "No Internet Connection" and then restarting it doesnt solve any problem. I updated the firmware this morning but still made no difference.

I am stuck for ideas now!

Thanks,

Rob

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
BT TV Expert
BT TV Expert
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT Whole Home Wifi Keeps Disconnecting.

@BobbyS

Hello Rob, sorry to hear you are having problems with your BT Whole Home WiFi Discs. 

As the BT Whole Home WiFi Discs have just been released to the public by BT, there may be some bugs that were not experienced in the trial/testing period. I can assure you that we are always trying to updated and improve the firmware for the products to make the better.

Furthermore, a potential solution for this situation could be changing the Wifi channel selection from auto to fixed channels.

Hope this helps, thanks 🙂

Jack

BT TV expertJack
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
I am a BT Employee and an expert on TV queries. I am here volunteering my own time to give advice, and help where I can with BTTV queries. Go here for more info.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 5

@JackE

The Whole Home Wifi System (white disks) has been around for quite some time now.

whole home disk.jpg

complete wifi disk.jpg

Its the BT Complete Wifi system (black disks) which has just been released.  I can see some confusion arising on this forum

0 Ratings
BT TV Expert
BT TV Expert
Message 4 of 5

Ohh I see, my fault. Thanks for making me aware and clearing up any confusion. Thanks Keith 🙂
BT TV expertJack
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”Kudos”
I am a BT Employee and an expert on TV queries. I am here volunteering my own time to give advice, and help where I can with BTTV queries. Go here for more info.
0 Ratings
BT Devices Expert
BT Devices Expert
Message 5 of 5

@BobbySwrote:

Hello,

I have BT Wholehome WIFI Discs set up throughout the house. I have 4 discs. Since installing the 3rd and 4th disc, I have had 2 occasions where I have either woken up in the morning and all but the main disc are disconnected or come home from work to find the same. It is incredibly frustrating. One the first occasion, resetting via the app sorted it in seconds, on the second occasion (overnight) I just get a message saying "No Internet Connection" and then restarting it doesnt solve any problem. I updated the firmware this morning but still made no difference.

I am stuck for ideas now!

Thanks,

Rob

Hi @BobbyS, please contact the helpdesk if you haven't already. Thanks.

Also note that the update you got this morning could help, but you need to let it settle for a couple of days. So if you see short drops today, it's perfectly normal. Leave it alone and let it reconnect by itself. Most people have found it stable after a couple of days.

Of course if the drops are long (eg several minutes), then something's not right and you should contact helpdesk.

Device expertBrunoN
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings