cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 22

Re: BT Whole Home Wifi Secondary Disc Ethernet Node Connection?

Go to solution

@BrunoN Its the addition of an Ethernet switch on the output of the disk, that is causing @Tranquility issues. My picture on an earlier post shows what I mean. Should that work?

0 Ratings
BT Devices Expert
BT Devices Expert
Message 12 of 22

Go to solution

@Keith_Beddoewrote:

@BrunoN

Can you help @Tranquility on this thread please?

We're watching Keith, no need to chase us :manvery-happy:

Community ModeratorBrunoN
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
I am a BT Employee and an expert on BT Devices queries. I am here volunteering my own time to give advice, and help where I can with BT device queries. Go here for more info.
0 Ratings
BT Devices Expert
BT Devices Expert
Message 13 of 22

Go to solution

@Keith_Beddoewrote:

@BrunoNIts the addition of an Ethernet switch on the output of the disk, that is causing @Tranquility issues. My picture on an earlier post shows what I mean. Should that work?

At present the switch it out of the equation from his last post, so seems like the problem is somewhere else.

Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
I am a BT Employee and an expert on BT Devices queries. I am here volunteering my own time to give advice, and help where I can with BT device queries. Go here for more info.
0 Ratings
Tranquility
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 22

Go to solution
Yes I am only using the PC and to be more clear the app shows the Master in red when the Ethernet cable is plugged into the device. Also the blue light on the device goes off and on again a couple of times.
I have a series of pictures, but can't see how to post them here?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 22

Go to solution
0 Ratings
Tranquility
Aspiring Contributor
Message 16 of 22

Go to solution

Pic 1 All is good, no PC Connected.jpgPic 12 Reboot without PC connected and all is good again.jpgPic 3 All is good with the Web Interface.jpgPic 5 The light flashes on and off.jpgPic 7 The master is flagged as offline.jpgPic 11 Web interface to slave fails indicating TCP/IP services are offline.jpgPic 8a slave uses random IP address as DHCP is unavailable.jpgWeb interface accesses SlavePic 8 The PC is pingable from my phone.jpgPic 9 The PC running VMware virtual machine software with static IP.jpgPic 10 PC unplugged from slave & the slave stops working.jpgPic 2 All good on the app.jpg

0 Ratings
Tranquility
Aspiring Contributor
Message 17 of 22

Go to solution
Where did all my titles go? Not the easiest interface!
0 Ratings
jimbg
Contributor
Message 18 of 22

Go to solution

I have this set up working fine.

I have a 4 disc system and one of them is sat on my TV stand. I have a 4 way hub plugged into the back of this and then intothat are my TV, Sky box, Audio amp and Inrenet phone 

Other devices still contect via Wifi.

0 Ratings
Tranquility
Aspiring Contributor
Message 19 of 22

Go to solution
Ok, so the pics were a complete failure due to the missing comments, but I have made progress.
My "PC" is a HP Proliant server running 4 virtual servers under VMware. One is running Windows Server 2016, it's a Primary Domain Controller running DNS, it also runs DHCP. If it's shutdown all is good, when it's booted up the problem occurs. The other 3 servers run fine without causing any issue, That's Windows Server 2016 running as a Backup Domain Controller, Windows Server 2016 running Remote Desktop Services & a Linux Client.
The Gigabit switch is not an issue either & in fact the server has a load balanced four port Gigabit NIC plugged into it with all 4 ports working great.
So it's the PDC Server that's the problem, logic states that it's the DNS or DHCP that are upsetting the Whole Home WiFi device. The good news is that I should be able to narrow it down, the bad news is that I have to remote connect to the virtual servers, kinda hard to do without a network, so I have to work on this in the garage. (Why am I doing this? It's a learning environment).
0 Ratings
BT Devices Expert
BT Devices Expert
Message 20 of 22

Go to solution

Hi @Tranquility, your pictures worked. We can see your titles by hovering mouse over.

But it sounds like you're making some progress with analysing what seems to be a fairly advanced set-up in your home. Don't hesitate to share your findings here as there may be some learning we can take back to the development team (although we can't promise to fix every single environment out there, but they'll try).

Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
0 Ratings