cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 5

BT Whole Home Wifi and Vodafone - Slow speeds via Wifi

I've had a search through the forums and tried some existing solutions but still need help.

I've got 2 discs setup, Lounge (connected by ethernet) and Study (connected by wifi).

My Vodafone broadband saying I have 70Mbps available to the router, however when I speedtest using Fast.com or Google on my Pixel 2 (connected next to the Lounge disc with 5ghz) it barely gets above 35Mbps.

My Xbox connected via ethernet to the Vodafone router is getting 65Mbps down and 17 up.

Is there any way I can improve the speed my phone gets? Or a way I can see if other devices are hogging when they don't need to?

Other devices on the main Lounge disc are: 3 smart plugs, Google Home and Synology.

Any help is appreciated! Thanks!

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT Whole Home Wifi and Vodafone - Slow speeds via Wifi

You might be better asking on the Vodaphone user forum.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 5

Ah ok, you think it might have something to do with the router then rather than the BTWH disc?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

@sv88 wrote:
Ah ok, you think it might have something to do with the router then rather than the BTWH disc?

Bear in mind that this is a BT Retail customer forum, and most people are using a BT Home hub, you are unlikely to find many Vodaphone users posting here. I did a forum search here, and could not find anyone using the BT branded Whole home system on a Vodaphone connection.

You may get a reply from one of the BT Retail devices experts who post occasionally

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 5 of 5

Of course. I guess I'm trying my luck with it being BT hardware running the WiFi. I'll look on Vodafone now too, thanks!
0 Ratings