Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jamescg1972
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 27

BT Whole Home Wifi interfering with BT TV

Hi,

To solve the lack of wifi in my spare room, I recently bought a BT Whole Home wifi pack. 3 discs. They make my wifi superb. I get 70 meg speeds instead of 3 or 4. 

However, since installing it, our BT TV is playing up. We get the following message several times a day when we try and watch any channel that comes over the Internet:

IMG_1657.JPG

When i unplugged the whole home wifi, this issue went away.  I switched it back on. The issue returned. 

Has as anyone else had this issue?  If so, how do I solve it? Or do I need to just return it and go to SkyQ which will include suitable wifi  extenders, so I am told by a friend of mine who had wifi issues. 

0 Ratings
26 REPLIES 26
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 27

Re: BT Whole Home Wifi interfering with BT TV

Where is the BT Youview box connected to, as it would need to be connected directly to the home hub?

0 Ratings
Jamescg1972
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 27

Both are connected directly to the home hub. One via power lines set up by BT engineer when he installed. The issue was curs with both boxes when Whole home wifi system is on. 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 27

I would try a factory reset of the home hub, just in case its allocating the same IP address to more than one device.

0 Ratings
Jamescg1972
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 27

Thanks for the suggestion...

Thought that had worked, as we didn't get the screen, as above, for an hour or so after the factory reset. 

Unfortunately, it has now reoccurred twice in the space of about 20 minutes. And now, again as I'm writing this. It didn't appear to disconnect or anything, looking at the network page if the home hub web page. 

Ive checked the firmware on the tv boxes is up to date, as is the whole home kit. Can't see any way of updating the firmware on the home hub (I gather, from a quick search, you can't), though the help desk info page says:

"Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.204.1.11 (Type A) Last updated 10/06/16". 

Any further suggestions, or from anyone else, would be appreciated. 

Cheers

james. 

0 Ratings
TimCurtis
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 27

What about normal catchup like BBC iPlayer , that work OK ?

0 Ratings
Jamescg1972
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 27

Thanks Tim,

I think the whole home wifi was on when we watched Netflix on Saturday evening, but I'll switch it on tomorrow when I'm home and try iplayer too.

cheers

james. 

0 Ratings
Jamescg1972
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 27

Its been pretty good all day watching iPlayer. It has just stopped playing and said its lost connections though.

0 Ratings
Oxlade1
Aspiring Expert
Message 9 of 27

You should contact the helpdesk and report the issue - 

btconnectedhome@bt.com or 0808 100 6116

I've got them at home and BT TV (UHD) connected by Powerlines to my Smart Hub and not seen this issue so looks like something with your particular set-up..

0 Ratings
Jamescg1972
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 27

Cheers. 

I'll give them a bell. 

James. 

0 Ratings