Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
edcracknell
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

BT Whole Home Wifi

Go to solution

Hi

Is it possible to combine two twin packs to create a four node system, instead of buying a triple pack and an add on disc?

Thanks

Ed

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
edcracknell
Beginner
Message 2 of 7

Re: BT Whole Home Wifi

Go to solution
I suppose my question is: is the base unit that connects to the router somehow different to the second unit, so that if I bought two twin packs, I would end up with two base units and two add on discs?
0 Ratings
ecefrm
Beginner
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

I know why you are asking this!

In fact I have the same question, but in my case I have already bought a twin pack and I am now trying to decide if I buy another one with the same goal: a single four-disc system.

To me the two discs look pretty much identical, but I am not really sure if I would be able to configure a single network out of the four discs.

0 Ratings
edcracknell
Beginner
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution
Cheers for your reply. I suppose a way to find out would be to swap the two discs over and if it still works then we are good right!?

Would be great if someone knows the answer though.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Oxlade1
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

@edcracknell wrote:
Cheers for your reply. I suppose a way to find out would be to swap the two discs over and if it still works then we are good right!?

Would be great if someone knows the answer though.

Yes, you can combine discs from different packs. You can have up to 6 discs in a single system.

Note: Discs from different packs need to be synchronised with each other. You should install 1 pack first, then install the other discs using "Add Another Disc" in the app.

edcracknell
Beginner
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution
Great. Thanks very much.
0 Ratings
TwoDaves
Beginner
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

I'm having a problem connecting two sets of two discs. So I've set up the first two discs as a Whole Home wifi network but of course the additional two discs have another wifi name and don't want to join the first network. I have connected the Ethernet cable as directed by the app, allowed it to do it's thing and then turned it off, disconnected it as instructed. 

After moving the 3rd disc into a new location and turning it on, it isn't recognised with the Whole Home network, it glows red and the app doesn't find the 3rd disc.

it's got to be a complex operation and isn't clear which network the app should be connected to or how to successfully connect all 4 discs.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I'm hoping I don't need to get a refun, I'd rather get it working.

0 Ratings