cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2

BT Whole Home failure

Hi all.  Hoping someone here can help with this.

I have had a Set of 3 Whole Home discs for a couple of year now, connected to my Virgin Media Hub3, nad had no issues,  Four days ago, the main disc started what I can only describe as  “cycling”.  The connection drops, the lights turn purple, then blue, then stabilise with the connection restored.  The stable condition can last from a minute or so to as long as 20 minutes, but will always cycle again.

I have done a reset, and fresh installation, using different main discs, Legacy Steering is disabled, and Compatibility mode is on.  Looking at the logs, there are repeated entries for DHCP obtaining an IP address and it is always the same address that is obtained.  

I’m struggling with the thought to that the same issue may have affected more than on disc so *could* the Hub 3 be causing this?  And if it is, how do I convince Virgin to replace it?

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Re: BT Whole Home failure

UPDATE:-
I’ve tried a different WIFi router (WNDR3700) in place of the Whole Home and it seems to be stable. So unless there is an incompatibility between the Hub and the discs it would appear that they all have the same issue.

Can anyone confirm or offer any other explanation please?
0 Ratings