cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
andreaferns120472
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 6

BT Whole Home iPhone APP

I would like to know if it possible to connect devices to my BT wholehome wi-fi using
the app?  Instead of having to go onto each device to reconnect them back
to the wholehome?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
CJT80
Expert
Message 2 of 6

Re: BT Whole Home iPhone APP

@andreaferns120472 

If the devices are disconnecting from the WiFi provided by Whole Home WiFi discs you would re-connect them the same way as you would if you connected directly to the Hub, via the device.  Is there a reason they disconnect?

Kind Regards
CJT80
Say thanks by clicking the Thumbs Up icon. Have I resolved your issue? Click "Mark As Accepted Solution"
0 Ratings
BT Devices Expert
BT Devices Expert
Message 3 of 6

Hi @andreaferns120472 , what's the context for your question?

Are you talking about devices that you want to connect to whole home for the first time, or devices that are connected but keep dropping out?

Community ModeratorBrunoN
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
I am a BT Employee and an expert on BT Devices queries. I am here volunteering my own time to give advice, and help where I can with BT device queries. Go here for more info.
0 Ratings
andreaferns120472
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 6

devices that keep changing back to the smarthub.  At the moment when a device re-connects back to the smrthub I have to go onto the actual device and reconnect it back to the wholehome.  It would be good if i could do this from the wholehome app?

0 Ratings
lnajr02
Contributor
Message 5 of 6

Hi @andreaferns120472 have you forgotten the Smart hub's Wi-Fi on the iPhone? the iPhone will connect to the first Wi-Fi it gets a response and stay connected as long as it can see it.

I am assuming you are not having to enter the password again to connect to the Whole Home Wi-Fi SSID.
Message 6 of 6

Hi @andreaferns120472 thanks for posting. As @lnajr02 has mentioned it's recommended that you forget the Smart Hub's wifi SSID in your devices wifi list or alternatively you can turn off the wifi on the Hub to stop this from happening.

Can you post back and let us know if these changes help?

Community ModeratorNeilO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings