cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

BT Whole Home - nightly issue

Hi All,

first time post and I hope you can help. I bought this in 2019 and tbh it has been almost flawless and sinxe recommended mesh networks to friends and family :

BT Whole Home Wi-Fi, Quad pack Bundle (Trio + 1 additional

the past few days, every night presumably at 2am / 3am, but Wi-Fi upstairs fails. Restarting my 1. Sky router downstairs as well as 2. BT master disk (the one plugged in to the router) seems to resolve the issue but I have had to do that every day now for three days. 

this morning, same issue again. Rather than restarting everything, I went downstairs. Full Wi-Fi signal and 192.168.0.1 seemed to connect me to the sky router via Wi-Fi. However only a few items connected and presumably only to the disk in that downstairs office. All other sky diagnostics look fine so I’m assuming it is a BT issue with the whole home. 

I tried restarting just the main BT disk in the office (connected to sky router) and no resolution. Wi-Fi seems to work in that room but then again it is directly connected to the sky router. The rest of the house with three other disks do not work. 

in all of the above situations (upstairs, downstairs in office) the BT whole home purple app does not work - ie takes me to troubleshooting even if I’m in the office with full Wi-Fi right there. 

any ideas guys? Why does a full router and disk reset fix it? I don’t want to have to do this every morning as I have a lot of security sensors etc relying on reliable Wi-Fi. 

I hope you can help - many thanks. 

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: BT Whole Home - nightly issue

@ukpolak 

Welcome to this BT phone and broadband customer forum.

Please edit out the link to Amazon, as its not permitted to post links to commercial websites on this forum.

You would be best to contact the WHW product helpdesk as they are best placed to help you.

You can call them on 0808 100 6116 (Monday to Friday 9.00am to 5.30pm and Saturday 9.00am to 2.00pm) or drop them an email: btconnectedhome@bt.com

You may also find other Sky users with the same equipment, on their forums.

Sky Help Forum - Help & Support from the Official Sky Forum - Help & Support from the Official Sky F...

Sky User - The unofficial support forum for everything Sky!

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Link edited many thanks - I wasn’t sure if it was premium, mini etc etc hence the full link but no worries. It seems that one is no longer for sale too. 

Ethernet by cable works fine and Wi-Fi in the office (connected to office disk) works fine however still:

1. No Wi-Fi in other rooms in house where the other 3 disks are located. 
2. whole home app says not connected to whole home network even though I seem to be connected when sat next to the main one. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Since all restarted as usual and everything works. No idea on root cause unfortunately and turning everything odd piece-meal doesn’t solve for it unfortunately. 

Big oddity now is that it appears as though the lounge disk is the primary one even though it is the office one which is connected to the sky broadband router. Any ideas why this may be?

529DBA04-6B75-4671-9DD7-288CE88EECF6.jpeg

0 Ratings