Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hippogriff
Contributor
Message 1 of 40

BT Whole Home - shenanigens adding beyond a 3rd disc

Good day,

If I may - I'd like to start with a specific question - in the BT Whole Home App. is it possible for the Home Screen to ever show more than 3 discs, because mine never has, despite kinda adding a 4th. I can see more than 3 on the Network Topology tab, but never on the Home Screen. If someone was able to answer that I would be appreciative.

Anyway, I followed the instructions for adding extra discs - but I've definitely gotten myself into some kind of half-way house situation. I seem to have extra discs on the Whole Home network - but any disc I add beyond the initial 3 is appearing in the Network Topology diagram without their given name, even though you can see that if you click on it. And each disc I've added beyond the 3 always says "Firmware Update Required" and if you click through to update the firmware it says the disc will update and restart... it goes red, then off, then reboots, goes purple, flashes blue - but then still tells me it needs its firmware updating!

Has anyone experienced a disc that simply refuses to update its firmware? And is there anything I can do with it to get them all to the same level - my original 3 discs are on v1.02.01 build22 and when I check for updates it tells me there are no new firmware updates - but the discs beyond 3 still tell me they need their firmware updating. So, kind of a Catch-22 at that moment.

And has anyone seen it where the given name of the disc has gone AWOL in the Whole Home App?

0 Ratings
39 REPLIES 39
Hippogriff
Contributor
Message 2 of 40

Re: BT Whole Home - shenanigens adding beyond a 3rd disc

I should add, in the log of each of the new discs, I do see:

25.07.2017 07:21:24 OWL-Firmware upgrade success from v1.01.11_build13 to v1.02.01_build22.

Which was this morning, and:

01.11.2016 01:43:21 OWL-Firmware upgrade success from v1.02.01_build22 to v1.02.01_build22.

Which was also this morning, so I'm not sure why the timestamp is like that on the second disc. But the BT Whole Home App doesn't seem to know that they're at the latest level - it keeps telling me to update their firmware and then it does seem to go about it, but doesn't reflect that it's been done.

It would be nice to get everything looking green (or blue). Smiley Happy

0 Ratings
Oxlade1
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 40

Did you add the 4th disc using "add another disc" on the app?

0 Ratings
Hippogriff
Contributor
Message 4 of 40

Yes, I tried - but they kept up ending on solid red. Repeatedly, even after pressing the reset button.

0 Ratings
Oxlade1
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 40

How are you connecting the 4th disc when you do it? You should keep the first one connected by Ethernet to your router and connect the 4th one by Ethernet to the router too.. and wait for the flashing purple LED before unplugging
0 Ratings
Hippogriff
Contributor
Message 6 of 40

Yes, indeed. I followed the instructions.

Has anyone seen the names of the additional discs go AWOL in the app.?

Has anyone seen more than 3 discs represented on the App's Home Screen, not the Network Topology screen, or is that some kind of fixed view, that only ever shows 3 discs?

0 Ratings
Hippogriff
Contributor
Message 7 of 40

All 6 discs show up with their name in the browser admin. console - it's just the App that is lacking the complete view (and still seems to think they need their firmware updating - they definitely don't - the browser shows them all at the same level now).

0 Ratings
Oxlade1
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 40

I have 4 discs and can see them all on the status (main) page.. so I'm not sure what you've got different as I just followed the set-up too.

Perhaps you should go to the 4th (missing) disc under topology and delete this disc, then re-add it?

The app only supports 4 discs at the moment so you won't be able to add all 6. I think that's coming in a few months' time.

0 Ratings
Hippogriff
Contributor
Message 9 of 40

Seriously, all 6 are in there.

You can see them in the Network Topology tab of the App. and you can see them in all pages of the browser. I will attach an image... this was taken at a time shortly after restart, so I think some things were still connecting, it's often quite busy.

BTWH.jpg

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 40

Hi @Hippogriff,

If you call the Helpdesk on 0808 100 6116, they'll be able to help.

Give them a try and let me know how you get on?

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings