cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rfowler80
Message 11 of 25

Re: BT Whole Home vs Google Wifi

Go to solution
Any advice would be hugely appreciated. My business property has the BT Infinity 3 (200Mb / 20Mb) connection and the BT HH5 is ok at delivering these speeds in the room it's in.

However, the downstream speeds drops considerably (at best 60Mb) when going 1 floor up. Go to the top floor, it's only around 10Mb.

My business relies heavily on fast speeds (wirelessly as we have lots of devices) so I've been looking around for any wifi's that might be stronger than the BT HH5.

Admittedly, the search is hard (whereby most wifi routers wouldn't be able to deliver 200/20 over a 2000 sq-ft property, anyway) so is it a question of buying a wifi router, stick it on the 1st floor and connect it to the BT HH5 via (a very long!) ethernet and use that new wifi as a separate network..?

Thanks in advance
0 Ratings
pcfarrar
Aspiring Expert
Message 12 of 25

Go to solution

If performance and stability is essential your best bet is to fit a couple of Ubiqiuti UniFi AP's wired back to the BT HH5. Disable the WiFi on the HH5 and just use the UniFi kit. You can get UniFi AP AC LR's for around £100 each.

0 Ratings
rfowler80
Message 13 of 25

Go to solution

0 Ratings
rfowler80
Message 14 of 25

Go to solution
Thanks: will look in to it more. I've heard of Ubiquiti a lot so it must be pretty decent..!
0 Ratings
oakserver
Aspiring Expert
Message 15 of 25

Go to solution
@Oxlade1 Great news I had not noticed that coming soon.
0 Ratings
oakserver
Aspiring Expert
Message 16 of 25

Go to solution

@Oxlade1 -  waiting patiently for an update to BT Whole Home Wifi. Do you have any more info about it?

0 Ratings
Oxlade1
Aspiring Expert
Message 17 of 25

Go to solution
@oakserver Nothing concrete yet. But it will be towards the end of the year
0 Ratings
PW1
Message 18 of 25

Go to solution
How did you connect to the BT router. Am having issues and may need to call BT. Thanks
0 Ratings
Highlighted
oakserver
Aspiring Expert
Message 19 of 25

Go to solution

I have never connected the BT Whole Home Wifi to a BT Hub so I am not aware of any issues.  I always found the hubs to be unreliable and thus defeats the point of the BT Whole Home Wifi.

However, thats not to say you can't. You would need to ensure that the BT hub is acting as your DHCP server on your network as the discs initially require a IP address to get you started.

The first disc should be hardwired directly back to your hub and switched on. The rest is done though the hub.

Set up the wired disc first using the BT app before turning on any of the other discs.

What is the problem you are experiencing then?

0 Ratings
Wjs001
Aspiring Contributor
Message 20 of 25

Go to solution
Are you really here to answer questions on BT Whole Home WiFi or just promote Amplifi products. I question your motives.
0 Ratings