cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rhi
Message 1 of 3

BT Whole home connecting devices via ethernet

I have BT Whole home boosting my Virgin Media Hub 3 - standard set up ie one disc connected to the Virgin hub and 2 other discs working remotely. (I haven’t changed any settings on either Hub or the discs). All works brilliantly from a WiFi perspective. However, I tried to connect a device to one of the remote discs via the Ethernet on the back of the disc and it disabled the WiFi (blue light turned red). I don’t think this should happen? I bought the discs about 6 months ago -they are white. 

How can I fix this so I can connect a device to the remote disc via Ethernet? As you can tell I’m not a techie (!!!!) so easy to follow answers would be very much appreciated!! Thanks

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: BT Whole home connecting devices via ethernet

As this is a BT Retail customer forum, for BT Broadband customers, you are more likely to get a reply on the Virgin Media User forum. Try this link for some answers.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/message?advanced=false&allow_punctuation=...

This is one post from one of the BT Devices expers which may help https://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Devices/Problem-with-Whole-Home-Wi-Fi-Read-this-first/m-p/1908749#M72...

0 Ratings
jenxy5
Beginner
Message 3 of 3

Re: BT Whole home connecting devices via ethernet

In my house I have 3 discs and I have a wired ethernet network too. I have lived here for years and the wired network came first.  I can get a really top quality wireless signal all over the house by taking an ethernet wire and plugging it into a disc. So each disc is connected to my router via a wire and then broadcasts a wireless signal. 

My understanding of your question is that you are trying to connect another device to the disc via ethernet. I don't think you can do that! The ethernet port is there for you to connect to the router.

0 Ratings