cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dpb
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 42

BT Whole home: connection but no internet

After several months of good service the latest firmware update V1.02.06 build 11 which was installed 0n 11/10/18 seems to have messed things up. Although I get an excellent Wi-Fi signal on devices, internet connection is lost. I've tried things like switching everything off. If I switch to another wi-fi signal and then go back to Whole Home I get internet for a short period before it goes again. Any suggestions?

0 Ratings
41 REPLIES 41
BT Devices Expert
BT Devices Expert
Message 2 of 42

Re: BT Whole home: connection but no internet

Hi, do you get that problem with all the devices around your home or just some of them? If the latter, what are they?
Device expertBrunoN
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
dpb
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 42

Hi 

Seems to be affecting everything:

IPAD2

IPAD Air 2

Moto G5S plus - phone

Samsung TV UE49MU7000

Would appreciate any help including ability to roll back.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
dpb
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 42

Problem seems to have been resolved (fingers crossed) by turning off the discs and then the router before restarting the system.

0 Ratings
JSHRIB
Beginner
Message 5 of 42

I have had the same problem. No internet despite all discs blue on iOS and macOS devices. 

Switching off hub and router fixes it for a few days. Only been happening in last few weeks.  ? since last automatic firmware upgrade to bt whole home app. Current firmware is v1.02.06build11  updated on 10/10/18. 

0 Ratings
chrisneelyuk
Beginner
Message 6 of 42

I too am having the exact same issue since updating to 1.02.06 build 11. They all show as connected and blue but there is no internet connection. Only solution is to reboot discs and master however the next day the problem is back. I have 4 discs. VERY ANNOYING. 

0 Ratings
dpb
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 42

Did you also switch off your router? Not sure if you mean router when you say master. 24 hours after switching off the router and the discs, my system still seems to be ok. Fingers crossed.

0 Ratings
chrisneelyuk
Beginner
Message 8 of 42

I've tried rebooting the router then the master and all the other discs and this temporarily fixes it but after an hour or the connection drops and the app says no internet connection. I have disabled all Steering setting and this has made no different. All my devices are Apple: Macbook pros, Airs, iPads and iPhones.

This is seriously painful and is now affecting my work. Come on BT please off a fix for this. I have enabled the 'Early Adopter' setting, please provide all of us with a fix as this is not acceptable. I bought 3 discs and a further 2. Before I start leaving reviews on Amazon, Facebook and twitter etc please offer a fix for this!

0 Ratings
chrisneelyuk
Beginner
Message 9 of 42

This has not be resolved and the solution does not work!
0 Ratings
Inmaterichard
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 42

I have the same issue, this has NOT been solved. Rebooting is only a temporary fix. Another duff firmware update!

0 Ratings