Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BT Devices Expert
BT Devices Expert
Message 21 of 42

Re: BT Whole home: connection but no internet

Hi all,

For those on this thread that are still having problems - do you have any devices connected to the Ethernet port on any of your discs (e.g. laptop, PC, games console, TV)?

If yes - do you still have problems if this is removed and switched to a Wi-Fi connection?

Dan-O

Device expertDanO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Turnbacktime
Beginner
Message 22 of 42

No devices connected via wired connection except the router

0 Ratings
browellm
Aspiring Member
Message 23 of 42

Hi Dan

I was the chap that called in this morning and mentioned that when my child APs fail to deliver internet access, the wired Xbox connected to one of them continues to work.

I have disconnected it now and reset the system again, and I'll see in the next 24-48 hours whether they stop working again.

0 Ratings
newdale
Beginner
Message 24 of 42

I'm getting the same issue now and have firmware version V1.02.06 build 11.

From reading this, it sounds like BT have introduced an issue with this firmware.

Anyone know how to back it out?

Thanks.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 25 of 42

@newdale

I do not use the Whole Home system, but if you are connecting it to a BT Home hub, then try a factory reset of just the home hub, and see if it helps.

The issue of connection and no Internet, is a known issue with all of the home hubs, and can only be cured by a factory reset, which resets the internal connections table.

0 Ratings
newdale
Beginner
Message 26 of 42

Hi Keith, thanks for the advice.

I have factory reset the hub (HH5) and also restarted the wholehome network.  Unfortunately i still cannot connect to the internet through the whole home. Any other ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 27 of 42

@newdale wrote:

Hi Keith, thanks for the advice.

I have factory reset the hub (HH5) and also restarted the wholehome network.  Unfortunately i still cannot connect to the internet through the whole home. Any other ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Sorry, I cannot suggest anthing else, but it would be worth checking to see if you can actually connect directly to the home hub,  just to eliminate that as a possibility.

0 Ratings
newdale
Beginner
Message 28 of 42

I have turned the homehub wifi back on and that works fine.

I can connect to the whole home network and fully configure it, it just won't let me get to the internet through it.

This affects both iphones and all of our amazon Alexa's.

I contacted BT and they got me to do a few things which didn't work but by the time i had finished their helpline was closed.

It sounds like there are a few people having the same issue with this firmware version :-(.

If they don't fix it soon, i'm just going to send it all back.

Thank you.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 29 of 42

It does sound like there are a few issues with the system.

Personally my choice to increase wireless coverage, would be to use separate wireless hotspots, like the BT Hotspot 600 and similar, and not a mesh system and all the isuues that can arise with wireless links between them.

Its also much cheaper that way, and you get two Ethernet ports on each unit.

0 Ratings
newdale
Beginner
Message 30 of 42

Hi Keith,

I have my discs connected through powerline adaptors and they worked really well but If i can't get them working again i'll send them back and try what you recommend as the 600 looks really good.

Thanks

Steve.

0 Ratings