Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 31 of 42

Re: BT Whole home: connection but no internet

@newdale wrote:

Hi Keith,

I have my discs connected through powerline adaptors and they worked really well but If i can't get them working again i'll send them back and try what you recommend as the 600 looks really good.

Thanks

Steve.

Could it be the powerline adapters giving the problem? You could connect a laptop to the end of the adapter, and see if you get a connection.

Bear in mind that the hotspot 600 and similar, use the Homeplug AV standard, and they may nor work if you have other powerline adapters of a different standard.

Anyway, better keep things on topic.

0 Ratings
newdale
Beginner
Message 32 of 42

I get the same issue with the disc connected directly to the hub so unfortunately it's not the powerline adaptors.

Thank you.

0 Ratings
JSHRIB
Beginner
Message 33 of 42

See BT response to the same problem on 20 October 2018 to me @JSHRIB. They replaced all 5 discs as firmware was corrupted.
JoBlo
Beginner
Message 34 of 42

Hi all
Got the hump, disconnected the lot, reconnected and pressed the inset rest key in each as I reconnected to the router one by one. The whole lot now works better than ever. No idea why at all.
0 Ratings
browellm
Aspiring Member
Message 35 of 42

Whether by luck or not, the testing I'm doing with the Xbox connected via WiFi rather than Ethernet on one of the subbordinate discs, the connectivity has remanied up for about 4 days and counting so far.

I'm not sure if this is the complete answer as there is a poster above having problems and he didn't have any devices connected via Ethernet.

0 Ratings
newdale
Beginner
Message 36 of 42

Ok so i have had some success.
After a call to BT, resetting the netweok teice m, lots of chanigng of settings and lots of emails to and fro, i spoke to someone at BT who recommended i try to reset the system in a particular way and it worked. I am monitorimg it closely to see if it lasts but fingers crossed.

The method he told me was this:
Turn all discs off.
Turn disc 4 on, reset it and turn it off.
Turn disc 3 on, reset it and turn it off.
Turn disc 2 on, reset it and turn it off.
Turn disc 1 on, reset it and turn it off.
Turn disc 1 on and reconfigure disc by disc
My understanding was that making sure the other discs were off when resetting each one
meant if the firmware was corrupt it couldn’t be copied back as soon as each disc was rebooted.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Samiemiah
Message 37 of 42

I had my discs delivered 9pm yesterday and was recieving the best wifi connection I have ever had in the house. However when thinking back now I updated the discs at 11pm and since then I have no Internet access to all my android devices and nest thermastat. However my Alexa devices and cameras are all fine.

1.02.06 build 11 is where it all went wrong for me.

However the guest network is stable and works fine on all devices. Have around 16 devices connected on wifi and the whole point I chose WH wifi was to avoid resetting each up.

Need this resolved ASAP please.

Spent hours on it today and didn't get to bed until super late yesterday. I may have to return the items back.

0 Ratings
newdale
Beginner
Message 38 of 42

It sounds weired that it’s just some of your devices. I had to tell some devices to forget the network and then reconnect them.
0 Ratings
Samiemiah
Message 39 of 42

I've just tried the steps BT advised with the reset sequence with no success 😞

Very weird issue!

Hopefully someone can help with a fix.
0 Ratings
Turnbacktime
Beginner
Message 40 of 42

Couple of things . It is only some of my devices that are affected as well, but the majority of them. It is only two windows laptops that aren’t affected.

The explanation that the reset method outlined to you prevents firmware upgrading from one disc to another doesn’t make total sense. Once firmware is upgraded that is it until a formal upgrade or back Rev. Resetting shouldn’t downgrade it again. The method you have been given should prevent duff config recopying from one disc to to another that has just been reset.

0 Ratings