cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
b2t_custforum5
Beginner
Message 11 of 42

Re: BT Whole home: connection but no internet

Also having the same issue on multiple devices since updating to latest firmware 3 days ago, no issues with previous 2 firmware versions. Full WiFi signal icon displayed on device with exclamation point showing connected but no internet, have to spend 5 mins disconnecting reconnecting etc then it happens again at least once a day.

multiple devices eg moto G5 on Android 7, Nokia 5 on android 8.1, iPad on iOS 12.0.1 etc. Unhappy family. 

I have 3 disc setup on firmware v1.02.06 build 11. I have auto update turned off. Mods,  Please don’t mark this as resolved until permanent bug fix issued rather than temp workaround.

0 Ratings
JSHRIB
Beginner
Message 12 of 42

Every 12 hours both router and master home hub now need switching on and off to maintain internet connection despite all hubs blue and apple devices showing adequate WiFi bars. All since latest firmware update. Are BT listening???
0 Ratings
dpb
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 42

Can't really believe it's a factor but I have my router wi-fi on which I hadn't before. I've been ok for 3 days now.

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 42

Hi @JSHRIB sorry you are experiencing a fault with your Whole Home Wifi.

Please contact the helpdesk on: 0808 100 6116  Mon - Friy 9.00am to 5.30pm, Sat 9.00am to 2.00pm or drop them an email to: btconnectedhome@bt.com 

They will be best placed to help you resolve this problem.

Cheers
John

Community ModeratorJohnC
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Make sure you are logged into the forum otherwise you will not see our contact link when a moderator offers help. When sending us your details please don’t send a Private message (PM), we can’t deal with account/service issues via PM so please use the contact link. Thank You
0 Ratings
browellm
Aspiring Member
Message 15 of 42

Also getting these same symptoms. A reboot provides a temporary but eventually devices connected to the child discs cannot access the internet. The main disc directly attached to the router seems to retain access.
0 Ratings
JSHRIB
Beginner
Message 16 of 42

I had this reply from BT guy:
“Hi @JSHRIB sorry you are experiencing a fault with your Whole Home Wifi.

Please contact the helpdesk on: 0808 100 6116 Mon - Friy 9.00am to 5.30pm, Sat 9.00am to 2.00pm or drop them an email to: btconnectedhome@bt.com

They will be best placed to help you resolve this problem.

Cheers
John “

Did extensive diagnostic for BT following this and the result was they replaced all 5 BT whole home discs FOC! The BT engineer on the phone made very clear not to update the firmware which has clearly caused the problem in the first place. My new discs have an earlier firmware. Hope this helps. Ring the number.
JoBlo
Beginner
Message 17 of 42

Identical problem. Neither booting mesh system not router fixes it for long. I’m unable to work over Wi-fi reliably now so am scrapping the whole mesh system
0 Ratings
chrisneelyuk
Beginner
Message 18 of 42

@JoBlo I also have the same problem however with all the steering disabled it continues to work. Have you tried turning all the steering off as suggested earlier in the post. 

0 Ratings
JoBlo
Beginner
Message 19 of 42

Thanks for trying to help but yes, already tried that. Tbh I’m sick of the whole system now so will bin it and switch to power line
0 Ratings
Turnbacktime
Beginner
Message 20 of 42

I never actually totally lose my internet connection but system is certainly less stable than it was before. I am pretty certain it is down to dual band capability.

The first thing I noticed was the app on my iPhone kept flicking between OK and offline/no internet connection. Although internet was working fine. I fired up an old 2.5 GHZ WiFi only phone, installed the app and it is fine.

then a printer that had been rock steady for 3 years starting dropping off line after about 10 mins of restarting either the WiFi or the printer. Fixed by turning WiFi back on on my Sky hub and splitting config of 2.5 and 5 GHz bands, and connecting printer to just one of them.

Now I have noticed that if I try to watch my Nest cam for an extended period from my tablet it keeps reporting lost connection to Nest. The camera connection is fine, it is the iPad to a Nest that drops.

0 Ratings