cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AndrewPB
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

BT WholeHome Firmware Problem - also knocks out the app

I've had the problem reported widely of the Wifi keeping dropping out.  Having gone round the loops lots of time trying different things, I factory reset all the hubs [3 in my set up].  Having done this, the application now no longer works.  Consequence:  I can't reset up the Hubs AFTER the factory reset.   This means that I had non-working network, and also means that I won't be able to download the new firmware and re-install.

The place where the app fails is naming the first disc.  Apps goes off for a while, and then returns message 

"There is no response from your network".

Please can someone at BT advise me what to do next.  

Andrew 

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
StuartH
Message 2 of 6

Re: BT WholeHome Firmware Problem - also knocks out the app

Hi  @AndrewPB

Send an email explaining the issue to btconnectedhome@bt.com they should be able to help.

Thanks

Stuart

0 Ratings
Steve59
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 6

@AndrewPB wrote:

I've had the problem reported widely of the Wifi keeping dropping out.  Having gone round the loops lots of time trying different things, I factory reset all the hubs [3 in my set up].  Having done this, the application now no longer works.  Consequence:  I can't reset up the Hubs AFTER the factory reset.   This means that I had non-working network, and also means that I won't be able to download the new firmware and re-install.

The place where the app fails is naming the first disc.  Apps goes off for a while, and then returns message 

"There is no response from your network".

Please can someone at BT advise me what to do next.  

Andrew 

Take a look at my posts in this thread

https://community.bt.com/t5/Connected-Devices-Other/Very-close-to-returning-my-2nd-BT-Whole-Home-WiF...

0 Ratings
AndrewPB
Beginner
Message 4 of 6

Than you @Steve59 - I'm jusy trying the "All Steering" change.

@Dan-O please can you let us know when the firmware is due out.

Thank you

0 Ratings
Dan-O
BT Devices Expert
BT Devices Expert
Message 5 of 6

@AndrewPB

We're still investigating the issue which is preventing some customers from installing the first disc, with the No Response error.

To help, can you provide:

- Router make/model & firmware version if known

- Device you're running the app on and software version

- How is the disc you are installing connected (directly into router or into a switch)?

- Have you tried downloading the app on another device to see if this has the same problem?

- Are you using static IP addresses on your router or DHCP?

Thanks,

Dan-O

0 Ratings
AndrewPB
Beginner
Message 6 of 6

@Dan-O

Router is BT WholeHome with 3 discs.  Hardware version 01, Firmware: v1.02.03 build03

App is the Android App - as I am now locked out of the App, I can't get the version number BUT it is the latest one.

When I try and re-install system with the App, it stalls at the first disc as described previously.  The first disc is attached by ethernet to my ISP providers hub.

No, and I don't want to try the app on another device.  You should be solving the problem, not me!  That said, when I go into http://mybtdevice.home from my laptop, then I see most of the information.  This is presumably the info that the App processes but at a lower level.  Interestingly:

1. The disc that I was trying to name when I get the error message is named "Bedroom" on the PC dispaly, so that step actually worked but the App stalled immediately afterwards.  

2. The other two discs are called "Wifi Disc 57" and "Wifi Disc 83" 

Using DHCP

Also, I note, it looks like I can update the firmware from the PC - which means that I am not completely locked out, just the Android App is locked out.  Although when I clicked on 'check' (for latest firmware), the system went off, displayed the doing something icon, and never returned - so still pretty flaky.  

It does seem possible when the firmware is released, then I may be able to get the system onto the next firmware from the PC.  If I can get the new formware installed, then I can hopefully re-do the installation. 

From a couple of hour period since switiching off "All Steering", my phone appears to have stayed connected.  Fingers crossed, as the drop outs have been extremely irritating and time wasting.  

WHEN IS NEW FIRMWARE EXPECTED, please, (my original question)?

Thanks

Andrew

0 Ratings