cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 5

BT WholeHome WiFi App - Cannot connect with New Iphone

Hi - I think I have the same problem (or at least similar simptoms), the app on my new iPhone says 'There was no response from your network', then when you press ok, claims that my wi-fi is offline - evern though the discs themselves seem to work fine. When I log into the web app the Overview, Discs and Devices pages are blank, as is Access Control, IP Addressing, LED Brightness and Internet pages on the Settings tab. On the System tab, the Information and System Log pages are empty, acccording to the Firmware Update page, I am on v 1.02.03 Build03 - and when I hit check, I get a spinner but it never comes back - in the end I just get the password screen again.

So far I have power cycled each disc and rebooted the router, I have also deleted and reinstalled the app on my phone.

As I say, the discs seem to be working ok, but I cant get to them via app or web.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT WholeHome WiFi App - Cannot connect with New Iphone

Hi @marktay I've moved your post to create your own thread as the issue may not be the same and it's the best thing to do. The devices experts will be along shortly to provide help with your query.

cheers

John

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 5

I can confirm that I have the same issue.

I setup my 3 disks for the first trime about a week ago.

They are fantastic, and have resolved my wifi woes very well.

However, today I wanted to move one of them and went to use the app  - and it does not work on my iphone or ipad.

It says I am not connected (I am!). 

The only thing is that I have changed the SSID, but that should not matter as I am connected to the correct SSID.

If I go to www.mybtdevice.home I get the same issue as the OP. I can logon, but the pages are blank with the purple frame & logo present.

I want to be able to turn on the lights on the dishes....but I can't now...I have lost control of the dishes.

They do still work though

I should add thaty my iphone is not new, but there was an update last night on both my phone & ipad.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 4 of 5

As a rule, I don’t have any issues with my WH, but a similar issue on Wednesday where my app said the same.

i rebooted the main disc and things returned to normal again. I think there is an issue in the firmware that causes the management interface to stop responding properly, both via the app and via the web interface.

BT really do need to look into this as it damages the confidence in the product. Overall I’ve been pretty happy with mine but am somewhat concerned it may go the same way the appalling Smarthub went where perfectly adequate (but not great) firmware was trashed by obviously careless coding when upgrades were rolled out, and it took months to resolve (if in fact it has been). I ditched my Smarthub long before any fix was rolled out. BT, please do NOT go the same way with WH!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 5

@trapdoor - thanks, rebooting the primary disc resolved the issue.

Many thanks!

0 Ratings