Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
simonjedrake
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 21

BT WholeHome WiFi App - Cannot connect with New Phone

Go to solution

I have been running a 4 disc BT WholeHome Wifi set up for over 3 months that has solved all my house wifi issues.

BUT - since upgrading my iPhone recently to a new model I have not been able to access the system via the IOS App, despite being able to access/view as normal via the web mybtdevice log in option which continues as bebore.

I have tried varoius options from:

1. Removing the app & downloading a new version from the App store

2. Turning off all the discs and then just starting the main 1st disc conected to the router.

I have NOT reset the 1st disc's settings back to default as there is nothing wrong with how it operates, it is just that it will not allow me to see it via the BT wholeHome Wifi IOS app on my new iPhone.

Any ideas?

Thank

0 Ratings
20 REPLIES 20
arc1969
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 21

Re: BT WholeHome WiFi App - Cannot connect with New Phone

Go to solution

I had the same issue when the Android app was upgraded around the same time as the last firmware update.   The network worked fine and I could see it all via the mybtdevice.home, but the app couldn't see anything.  I had to factory reset all three discs and go through the installation again to get the app to work 😞

0 Ratings
simonjedrake
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 21

Go to solution
I agree with your comment. Before the last updated Firmware I was able to add the IOS App to my iPad and access my already existing & running BT WholeHouse Wifi network with no problem, so I totally agree that the recent updates has “blocked” users from accessing already set up systems from using their Apps.

I sincerely hope the the App Developers are reading this and realise that it is unacceptable for users to have to resort to a full factory reset when ever they:
a). Upgrade their smart devices.
b). Wish to install the App on a secondary smart device for the 1st time.
I hope BT acknowledge this request to put back was used to work on what is IMHO an excellent solution to solving Wi-fi issues in problem houses. No wonder Which rate this product so highly.....just needs a few minor tweaks to the App!
BT Devices Expert
BT Devices Expert
Message 4 of 21

Go to solution

Hi @simonjedrake

I can assure you that we are always monitoring feedback via all channels and investigate reports to make improvements in future releases.

In terms of your specific issue - it is not expected that a full reset is required when running the app on a new device. Something unusual has happened to cause the discs to stop responding to the app, possibly due to the upgrade process itself. We are investigating reports of this behaviour.

Device expertDanO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
simonjedrake
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 21

Go to solution

Hi Dan

Do you have an update on this issue which is pretty much the same as the other current thread re App not working?

it is as if after the last App update that upon opening the App it is unable to perform an initial simple check to assess if the device is already logged onto an existing BT WholeHome network hence to retrieve the required settings from the BT master disc.

No matter what/how device I use to open up the App, it appears to be in a constant loop trying to set up again an already existing and perfectly working network system that when accessed via the web interface appears exactly as expected.

0 Ratings
simonjedrake
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 21

Go to solution

Hi Dan

Great news to see that the Firmware Update issue has been resolved which I can confirm logs in Ok via the web interface to my device, but I still have unresolved the original problem with the App as reported on my 1st posting on this thread.

Do you have an update on a resolution for this urgently required fix to the App which has been widely reported on other threads?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
BT Devices Expert
BT Devices Expert
Message 7 of 21

Go to solution

@simonjedrake wrote:

Hi Dan

Great news to see that the Firmware Update issue has been resolved which I can confirm logs in Ok via the web interface to my device, but I still have unresolved the original problem with the App as reported on my 1st posting on this thread.

Do you have an update on a resolution for this urgently required fix to the App which has been widely reported on other threads?

I can confirm we are investigating the issue you have reported with the app, we have had a few reports with similar symptoms. 

We are gathering information to try and identify the cause of the issue and whether a fix is required in the disc firmware or the app and if so will include in the next software release.

Device expertDanO
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”Kudos”
simonjedrake
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 21

Go to solution

Just seen that there is a new BT Whole Home App on the IOS platform...........has anyone tried it out yet to see if it has fixed all the issues we started experiencing just after Xmas with the last update.

0 Ratings
ampat
Message 9 of 21

Go to solution

New BT App update doesn't fix a thing about this issue.

Its mind boggling how BT, a telecommunication and broadband giant can have such a poor App and practice of pushing out stuff without tackling an ongoing issues affecting so many people. Its shameful to put mildly.

I have spend hours to solve this. Solutions should not be do this and do that and restart and reset and switch off one after other. Solution perhaps is to not buy BT rubbish.

I have no apologies to make. I expect better from BT. Sort it out.

0 Ratings
BT Devices Expert
BT Devices Expert
Message 10 of 21

Go to solution
@ampat The fixes for this are in the disc software upgrade and not in the app in this release.

Have you upgraded your discs to v1.02.04build10? You can do this by going to http://mybtdevice.home on a browser if you can't use the app.

Dan-O
Device expertDanO
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings