cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RichardOsborn
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 12

BT WholeHome WiFi Problems - iPhone 6 Resetting Itself, other connections dropping

Hi,

Has anyone else with BT WholeHome WiFi experienced problems with it triggering a reset of iPhone 6 for no reason (in my case with a panic-full bug type 210 code). The problem only occurs on my iPhone at home making me think it is the BT WholeHome WiFi causing the problem.

Other problems we have with WholeHome are other iPhones and devices not connecting problem (ie showing that they are connected when they do not seem to be).

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what may be the problem?

Thanks.

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
jamthesun
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 12

Re: BT WholeHome WiFi Problems - iPhone 6 Resetting Itself, other connections dropping

No solution I'm afraid but similar problems. Apple devices particularly seem to have a problem with dropping the wifi connection and with saying there's no internet when the device is showing as connected. Turning the wifi on the device off and back on usually solves the proble. We also have an issue with a windows phone not connecting to the wifi when you retuurn to the house after being away. Have to restart the phone to get it to connect.

0 Ratings
Oxlade1
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 12

Re: BT WholeHome WiFi Problems - iPhone 6 Resetting Itself, other connections dropping

Hi,

I've not seen this problem myself.. but a couple of thoughts.. Have you updated to the latest firmware v1.02.01build22 using the app? If you have, have you tried rebooting your router and the discs since the update?

Which router are you using?

0 Ratings
RichardOsborn
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 12

Hi.

It is the BT SmartHub 6 and, yes, I have tried resetting both and do have the latest firmware updates but still the same problem unfortunately.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 12

@RichardOsborn Have you spoken with the Whole Home Wifi team about this? They should be able to get that looked into further.

They can be contacted by phone: 0808 100 6116 Monday to Friday 9.00am to 5.30pm, Saturday 9.00am to 2.00pm

By email: btconnectedhome@bt.com 

Community ModeratorNeilO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
RichardOsborn
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 12

Thanks - will give them a try.

0 Ratings
pjbain
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 12

I have the same problem. Both and iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus in my house have been randomly rebooting since getting the BT Whole Home wifi.

0 Ratings
RichardOsborn
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 12

Thanks - it's really annoying isn't. I am sure that it is an issue with the WholeHome WiFi causing the reset so hope BT may be able to find a fix.

0 Ratings
oakserver
Contributor
Message 9 of 12

I can imagine it is annoying - it's never happened to me with both an iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s plus though - I must be lucky.

I suspect the root cause of the problem could be the Smart Hub not playing well with the BT Whole Home Wifi. It is particularly bad at a number of things and I had no end of problems with it, particularly around issuing IP addresses incorrectly although I believe that was fixed in a later firmware (supposedly).

Is anyone else having this problem who isn't using a smart hub?
0 Ratings
pjbain
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 12

I think it's specific to the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus. Neither the S versions or 5 seem to have the issue. I am not using it with a home hub, I have long since replaced that. I am currently using a Draytek Vigorous 2860 with the wifi disabled on it.
0 Ratings