Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
speedf
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 19

BT WholeHome and Google Home devices

Hi,

I have two Google Home devices - a full size "home" and "home mini".  All was fine with both on my BT WholeHome system until I upgraded to firmware v1.02.03 build03 on the BT WholeHome system.  Now both of the Google homes experience frequent drop outs on the network - Google home says it "can't connect".  I've moved both the Google homes around the house, but even when placed next to BT WholeHome disc, I get the same issue.

Connecting the Google Homes direct to my router wifi (i.e. not the BT WholeHome mesh network) solves the issue.  Any one else experiencing similar problems?

Anyone know how I can go back to the previous BT WholeHome firmware?

Thanks,

0 Ratings
18 REPLIES 18
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 19

Re: BT WholeHome and Google Home devices

Try asking on this thread, as some people were having issues after the upgrade.

Introducing BT Whole Home Wi-Fi

0 Ratings
GPE
Beginner
Message 3 of 19

Hi

im having exactly the same problem

since the last firmware upgrade my google home devices keep losing Wi-fi connection 

after about 10mins of streaming audio it stops . Trying to replay generally says there’s a glitch or unable to connect to WiFi.  About about a minute I can usually Rea start streaming

all this is definitely linked to the firmware update  as everything was working perfectly beforehand. 

Have cold started the d full Wi-fi network numerous times but the problem still occurs 

thanks in advance 

gary

0 Ratings
Tyler_Durden
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 19

I have this issue and have put it down to the fact that the Google Home occasionally switches between different discs.
Is it possible that this is happening to you?
0 Ratings
speedf
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 19

Possible, but doesn't really explain why all was fine with the previous version of firmware, unless BT have made the switching more agressive.

Spent some time with a Google support engineer trying to resolve the problem, and we couldn't.  Eventually we came to the conclusion that there must be some kind of campatibility issue that has been introduced in the latest version of the BT WholeHome firmware.  Hopefully BT will read this and investigate further!

0 Ratings
Tyler_Durden
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 19

Fingers crossed.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
MangoMan2020
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 19

Me too on this. 5 Google Home devices. Also seems an issue with Samsung S6 Edge phones. Have 2 of them with frequent drop outs. I receive authentication errors on them. Everything else of mine fine. Though I've only just set it up having bought for Christmas.
0 Ratings
Tyler_Durden
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 19

If that's the case is there a way of rolling back the device firmware and stopping it from updating?

0 Ratings
ldnguy
Message 9 of 19

I'm having the same problem following the firmware update with both my google home and google home mini devices

streaming keeps stopping after 5-10 minutes... devices are regularly reporting a glitch when I try using voice control, and I keep spotting the google home devices enabling the temporary networks that they create when waiting to be setup

I also get the impression that some of my other devices are also getting less reliable wifi connections than before.

Im not using any of the new network features so would downgrade if I could

If this isn't fixed soon I'll be reenabling my previous wifi network and moving devices back on to that

0 Ratings
rgbrgb2001
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 19

Yep my google homes are messing up every now and then.

Any input from BT?

0 Ratings