Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BT Devices Expert
BT Devices Expert
Message 11 of 19

Re: BT WholeHome and Google Home devices

Hi all,

See existing thread on connectivity issues that have started over the last month or so - i've asked a set of questions that will help us with investigations. https://community.bt.com/t5/Connected-Devices-Other/Very-close-to-returning-my-2nd-BT-Whole-Home-WiF...

For those of you having issues with your Google Home, please could you provide some info to help, preferably on the the thread link above.

- Exactly which devices are having issues

- Which software version they are running

- When you first noticed issues (exact date would be very useful),

- What you're doing at the time you notice an issue (streaming audio/video, browsing websites)

- Which disc you're connected to at the time (the main one next to the router or a Wi-Fi connected disc)

- And finally, does the device show any error messages against the Wi-Fi or any connections

Device expertDanO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
rgbrgb2001
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 19

Google mins; lose connection

Latest 

Minis just installed in week before last firmware update

- What you're doing at the time you notice an issue (streaming audio/video, browsing websites)

Nothing, come to it and it says no wifi connection

- Which disc you're connected to at the time (the main one next to the router or a Wi-Fi connected disc)

Varies

- And finally, does the device show any error messages against the Wi-Fi or any connections

As I said it lose the wifi signal (all my other gear such as laptops and phones work fine). WIFI meter shows plenty of signal

0 Ratings
spgreene
Message 13 of 19

Found this page when searching following very similar issues with Google Home and Whole Home wifi.  I had not put it together with the firmware upgrade by now I recall doing this the timing does allign.

Google Home and Whole Home Wifi

Will need to check, but all have all the latest updates installed

Not sure - but not had a probelm until recently (had both devices for a number of months last year) so seems to allign with a recent change

Two things

- when streaming audio, typically from BBC Radio Iplayer - it just stops after a few minutes

- the Google Home device loses the network completely and i have to reset it and reconnect it

NB I don't seem to have similar issues wtih either Google Chromecasts or any other wifi devices such as laptops etc.

A wifi connected disk

It does sometimes show it has lost the wifi connection, but seems to be variable

Will be following with interest for a a resolution - its making the Google Home device pretty unusable at the moment.

thanks, Stephen

0 Ratings
timftimf
Message 14 of 19

Also experiencing same issue with Google Home Mini disconnection after a few minutes.

I have a logfile dump from the BT-WholeHome - snippet below

17.02.2018 10:15:18 [4 2 1] IF[2.4G]:STA(20:df:b9:5f:36:5b) had deauthenticated
17.02.2018 10:15:19 [4 4 1] IF[5G]:STA(20:df:b9:5f:36:5b) had associated successfully
17.02.2018 10:17:21 [4 2 1] IF[5G]:STA(20:df:b9:5f:36:5b) had deauthenticated
17.02.2018 10:17:22 [4 4 1] IF[2.4G]:STA(20:df:b9:5f:36:5b) had associated successfully
17.02.2018 10:25:17 [4 2 1] IF[2.4G]:STA(20:df:b9:5f:36:5b) had deauthenticated
17.02.2018 10:25:18 [4 4 1] IF[5G]:STA(20:df:b9:5f:36:5b) had associated successfully
17.02.2018 10:27:22 [4 2 1] IF[5G]:STA(20:df:b9:5f:36:5b) had deauthenticated
17.02.2018 10:27:23 [4 4 1] IF[2.4G]:STA(20:df:b9:5f:36:5b) had associated successfully
17.02.2018 10:27:26 [4 2 1] IF[2.4G]:STA(20:df:b9:5f:36:5b) Pairwise Key Handshaking timeout
17.02.2018 10:27:26 [4 2 1] IF[2.4G]:STA(20:df:b9:5f:36:5b) had deauthenticated
17.02.2018 10:33:45 [4 4 1] IF[2.4G]:STA(20:df:b9:5f:36:5b) had associated successfully

0 Ratings
BT Devices Expert
BT Devices Expert
Message 15 of 19

@timftimf
We have some changes to help with this coming in the next firmware, due at the end of this month.

In the meantime you can use a workaround - please contact the helpdesk at btconnectedhome@bt.com for details.

Dan-O
Device expertDanO
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
timftimf
Message 16 of 19

Hi,

I updated to the latest build [v1.02.04 build10] some 24 hours ago - so far all has been good.

Many thanks,

Tim

0 Ratings
BT Devices Expert
BT Devices Expert
Message 17 of 19

@timftimf

Good to hear - thanks for letting us know!

Dan-O

Device expertDanO
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Message 18 of 19

Hi,

I am still having random Google Home/Mini disconnecting from the BT Whole Home WiFi after the latest firmware v1.02.04 update.

I have to disconnect the power to the affected Google Home, after it reboots all is working again. This happens to all 3 Google Home device I have, but seems to happen the most for the devices associated to WiFi connected BT Discs.

Rebooting the BT Whole Home WiFi System does not restore WiFi connection for the affected Google Home devices. Been experiencing these issues since end of November 2017 and thought it was WiFi Interference on 5GHz, which is less likely.

Regards,

Ravi
0 Ratings
Message 19 of 19

I noticed again a few days ago that one of my Google Home devices had dropped off the WiFi. When I checked which disc it was connected to, I discovered that disc had lost network/WiFi connection back to the main disc and all WiFi devices connected to the affected disc could not be seen on the network. Power cycling the disconnected disc resolved the issue. Later that day I had to power cycle the other WiFi connected disc, as this lost connection in the same way.
0 Ratings