cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
speedf
Aspiring Contributor
Message 21 of 44

Re: BT WholeHome and wireless printer speed

Yes, full printer reset to manufacturer defaults. I've also disabled any other wifi networks (other than the mesh). Tried moving channels, moving to 40Mhz mode and compatibility mode.

Based on the other thread, there seems to be some kind of problem with Epson printers and the BT Whole Home system.
0 Ratings
Message 22 of 44

@speedf We've highlighted your thread to the team responsible for the Whole Home WiFi system and they would like to run some diagnostics on your home network to see what is happening when printing takes place.

If you would like them to look at this please use the 'click here to contact the mods' link in my forum profile to send in your details and we'll pass them over. You can find the link by clicking on my username.

Thanks

Neil

Community ModeratorNeilO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
dlean
Message 23 of 44

My HP printer is slow using the Whole Home system and I cannot use the scanner. I have to conect directly to the router to scan which is in a different room. Most annoying, does anyone have a fix for it

0 Ratings
Highlighted
PAno
Aspiring Contributor
Message 24 of 44

I'm afraid I have the same issue with my HP wireless printer (slow/unreliable/reduced functionality). Was there any progress on this issue?
0 Ratings
Dbaplaya
Contributor
Message 25 of 44

I have an Epson printer and have the same issue.

0 Ratings
Message 26 of 44

Hi @PAno and @Dbaplaya and thanks for posting.

This might be on for @Dan-O. Can you help Dan?

Cheers

David

Community ModeratorDaveM
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
Pjsaund
Aspiring Contributor
Message 27 of 44

Hi - FWIW I used to work in an office that used Epson, HP and Lexmark printers. The print servers were Unix based and we had exactly to same problem with the HP machines. Turned off bi-directional printing and problem went away - even on the multi function devices.
0 Ratings
dgilbert2
Expert
Message 28 of 44

I had this problem on an Epson SX235.

To fix I had to force the printer to connect at IEEE 802.11b.

For this, download EpsonNet Config utility, select your printer then under Network Interface, Network, Basics select IEEE 802.11b

Capture.JPG

0 Ratings
Pjsaund
Aspiring Contributor
Message 29 of 44

Wish I'd thought of trying that - although why it would work I've no idea - but if it works who cares 😁
0 Ratings
Dooferdog
Beginner
Message 30 of 44

That was an awesome suggestion as it works! I was having this problem wth the BT mesh and the Epson WP4535 and making this change speeds up printing again. I've only just made the change having brough the printer into the kitchen to mess about with it, so will have to see how it works when I take it back up to the office, but fingers crossed. I had given up with scanning too which had also become unworkably slow, I will see if this fixes the scanning too. Cheers

0 Ratings