cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dooferdog
Beginner
Message 31 of 44

Re: BT WholeHome and wireless printer speed

Also I would add; I had been onto Epson telephone support who completely failed to solve this issue. I had a suspicion that the printer might require a driver update as mesh's are quite new, but their only response was Epson printers don't support wireless exenders and they have o plans to issue driver updates to deal with it.

0 Ratings
speedf
Aspiring Contributor
Message 32 of 44

Not the best solution (to switch to 802.11b).  This will have a negative effect on your overall wireless network.  

Solution is for BT to *fix* the WholeHome system.

0 Ratings
Pjsaund
Aspiring Contributor
Message 33 of 44

Can the PRINTER be forced to 802.11b rather than the whole network? Should have the same effect as far as the printer is concerned.
0 Ratings
Dooferdog
Beginner
Message 34 of 44

This is my undersaztnding of what has happened. I have not noiticed any adverse impact on the network speed in general. The Epson net config utility seems to simply instruct the printer what speed to communicate at.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
PAno
Aspiring Contributor
Message 35 of 44

I ended wiring the printer into the back of a dish. If you have the problem/option it should sort you out.
0 Ratings
speedf
Aspiring Contributor
Message 36 of 44

Agree.  I've used an wired ethernet connection.  I'm not prepared to compromise my wireless network by using 802.11b.

Interesting article on why not to use 802.11b devices here https://www.howtogeek.com/210062/how-802.11b-devices-slow-down-your-wi-fi-network-and-what-you-can-d...

0 Ratings
Dooferdog
Beginner
Message 37 of 44

Interesting. My printer is upstairs, whilst all my BT discs are downstairs, and not practical to relocate the discs or run cable to the printer. How about only turning the printer on when I need it? We don't print that much anyway.
0 Ratings
dgilbert2
Expert
Message 38 of 44

I completely agree that the BT Whole Home should be fixed to allow the Epson Wireless printers mentioned to work without changing their wifi settings.

Until then however, if ethernet is not possible, a "work around" is identified which I have been using for over 6 months.  It has not caused any wifi performance issues in practice and we have lots of devices on a busy network :smileyhappy:

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 39 of 44

The printers are a few years old now. Have you checked that you have the most up to date software on the printers.

0 Ratings
BT Devices Expert
BT Devices Expert
Message 40 of 44

Hi,

There is a change in our next firmware upgrade (releasing Monday) to help with UPnP device discovery and operation which solves slow printing for some devices, you can see if this helps and report back.

Thanks,
Dan-O
Community ModeratorDanO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
I am a BT Employee and an expert on BT Devices queries. I am here volunteering my own time to give advice, and help where I can with BT device queries. Go here for more info.
0 Ratings