Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Vspaine
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

BT WholeHome - devices still connected to router

Go to solution
Hi,
I have a three disc wholehome setup with a sky q router. I’ve noticed that my devices that are connected to the wholehome are still shown as connected to the router. I can still see them as devices connected on my router’s webpage. Is this normal?
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT WholeHome - devices still connected to router

Go to solution

As a SKY customer I would suggest you try asking on the SKY user forum as this is for bt residential customers

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Paul_31
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Is the WiFi still turned on on the Sky router? If so, try turning it off and just rely on the Whole Home network. Turning WiFi off on the router once the Wole Home is set up is often recommended on here. 

0 Ratings
BT Devices Expert
BT Devices Expert
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

@Vspainewrote:
Hi,
I have a three disc wholehome setup with a sky q router. I’ve noticed that my devices that are connected to the wholehome are still shown as connected to the router. I can still see them as devices connected on my router’s webpage. Is this normal?

Hi @Vspaine, if I understand correctly, I think you mean that you still see your devices on your router's home page. But I assume that when you look at your devices wi-fi settings, those correctly show they're connected to the whole home.

If so, that's entirely normal. Devices behind your whole home discs are still part of your home network and the discs only acts as bridges. Your existing hub/router remains your network's main router.

If on the other hand, the problem you're raising is that your devices connect to the wrong network (when you check on the device itself), then see @Paul_31 advice to switch off your router's wi-fi. Alternatively, you can also try to manually select on your devices wi-fi setting to "forget" the wi-fi connection to your Sky router. And also make sure that your router and your whole home system have different network names.

Hope this helps.

Community ModeratorBrunoN
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
I am a BT Employee and an expert on BT Devices queries. I am here volunteering my own time to give advice, and help where I can with BT device queries. Go here for more info.
0 Ratings
DaveJC
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Sounds normal to me,

The BT Whole Home system is now providing wifi for your home network but your devices are still connected to your router

0 Ratings