Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Markj1
Beginner
Message 1 of 9

BT Wi-Fi extender 1200

Hi,

My Bt  Wi-Fi extender 1200 connects to the router via wps but I can't connect my devices to it wirelessly i get a password admin error each time. 

Cheers

Mark

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 9

Re: BT Wi-Fi extender 1200

Have you tried resetting extender and then reconnecting manually and avoid WPS 

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Markj1
Beginner
Message 3 of 9

I tried this. The device i use will then connect to the extender but the extender won't connect to the router!

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

Hi @Markj1  thanks for trying that and sorry it didn't work. Check out the product help page and if you still can't get it working the information on how to contact the product helpdesk by phone or email is available on the page and they will be best available to help you further.

cheers
John

Community ModeratorJohnC
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
lnajr02
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 9

Hi a few question:
a.
What HUB type are you using?
b.
Are you connecting to the HUB using the 5GHz or 2.4GHz (The band switch on the top of the Extender 1200) I recommend that it’s set to 2.4GHz
c.
Are you following Method 2 (see User Guide) Without WPS button
after resetting the Extender 1200, to set up your extender using the web based set-up with an internet browser.
Important: Before following these instructions, make sure your computer is not connected to the internet (unplug its Ethernet cable or disconnect from your Wi-Fi network).
1. Plug the extender into a power socket near your broadband wireless router (e.g. in the same room). Check the extender On/Off button on the top is switched on. Wait 20 seconds for the extender to boot up. The Power light will be steady blue and the Too close and Too far red lights will be flashing together.
2. Connect your computer to the extender using option A or B below:
Option A - Connect wirelessly
- Use the wireless connection software or settings on your computer to display the list of available wireless networks in your area.
- Find your extender in the list and select it; it’s called BTWifiExt1200-XXX.
- Enter your extender’s wireless key (printed on the back of this guide).
- Complete the connection on your computer.
Option B - Connect using the Ethernet cable
- Insert the Ethernet cable into the extender and the other end into your computer / laptop.
3. Open your internet browser and enter http://192.168.1.1 in the address field.
- Enter your extender’s Admin password (printed on the back of this guide), then click Login.
- Click Start at the bottom then follow the on-screen connection wizard.
4. When you click Finish your browser will lose connection to the extender (ignore browser errors). The extender’s range indicator light will stop flashing on successful connection. The extender is now configured with your Hub/Router and you’re ready to find its optimum location.
In my experience the band switch has been knocked to 5GHz. And the HUB /Router don’t support 5GHz.
0 Ratings
Markj1
Beginner
Message 6 of 9

Hi 

I've tried both 2.4 and 5 settings. When I tried the second method of set up ie. Not wps  the device im using connects to the extender but there is no internet connection and the extender is flashing as though it is searching for the router. 

It is an SSE broadband router. 

0 Ratings
lnajr02
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 9

Just to confirm when you have factory reset the extender and connected to it via the Web browser using IP address the extender can or can’t see, any of the SSIDs from any HUBs including that used by the SSE HUB?
If you can log in and the extender has LED’s light up, but no SSIDs can be found, then its time to check out the product help page (see Moderators note below) and contact the product helpdesk by phone or email.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 9

as an SSE customer you should also try the SSE forum for assistance

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Markj1
Beginner
Message 9 of 9

Yes the device will connect to the extender but no internet as the extender doesn't connect to the router.

0 Ratings