cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

BT XD56 TWIN - ... Handset does not ring the screen lights up with the word 'WITHHELD'

BT XD56 TWIN - This problem has been going on for a couple of weeks now... the phone does not ring for an incoming call... the screen lights up and on the display the word 'WITHHELD' ... but, should you see the screen lit up you can answer the phone and talk normally, or a the caller can leave a message. What on earth is going on? This does not seem to be covered in the user guide.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT XD56 TWIN - ... Handset does not ring the screen lights up with the word 'WITHHELD'

@GoingCrazy 

Who provides your phone service?

Have you tried a different phone to see if that rings?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Re: BT XD56 TWIN - ... Handset does not ring the screen lights up with the word 'WITHHELD'

TALK TALK

I don't have a spare... only bought these in July 2020
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

@GoingCrazy wrote:
TALK TALK

I don't have a spare... only bought these in July 2020

What is most likely is that the Talk Talk equipment is not sending out ringing current, but it is sending out the CLI (calling line identity) which is what is showing on your phone.

You would need to check with another phone, even a cheap wired one, or try the phone on another line.

If another phone does the same, then you need to contact Talk Talk and get then to check their exchange equipment.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Thank you... I will give it a go, I just need to get hold of a handset... I appreciate your time and advice.

0 Ratings