Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cheyene
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

BT Youview

Go to solution

I have just purchased a Youview box, with the intention of using it in exactly the same way as a freeview box but with the ability to record programmes, however when I have switched the box on it comes up with a screen asking me to connect to the internet, there is no way that I know of, of by passing this screen. Can someone enlighten me please? have I just wasted over £100 for a box I can't use?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT Youview

Go to solution

Welcome to this user forum.

This is actually a BT YouView forum, so I assume you do not have BT Broadband?

You may be better posting on the public YouView board.

The whole concept of YouView, is that it requires an Internet connection, however it should still work without an Internet connection, assuming it is a proper YouView box. Any Internet connection should work.

Is it a YouView box you purchased from a retailer, as that should work without an Internet connection?

0 Ratings
cheyene
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Hi Keith, thanks for the reply. No I don't have BT Internet, Yes I bought it today from PC world. I just get a screen that I can't bypass asking me to connect to the internet. I will post on another forum if you can't help thanks

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

@cheyene wrote:

Hi Keith, thanks for the reply. No I don't have BT Internet, Yes I bought it today from PC world. I just get a screen that I can't bypass asking me to connect to the internet. I will post on another forum if you can't help thanks

If you do not have any Internet connection, then a basic PVR would be a better option. Both Humax and Topfield, and a few others, make those.

My advice would be to return it to PC World, and exchange it for a stand alone PVR.

Currys do a selection of set top boxes, so I would take a look.

By all means try the public YouView forum https://community.youview.com/youview/discussions

But I think you will get the same answer, it needs an Internet connection to access the YouView platform, which is now based in the Cloud, so needs a connection to download the configuration.

cheyene
Beginner
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Thanks Keith for you help

0 Ratings