Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cerveno_97
Beginner
Message 1 of 37

BT baby monitor 6000 - not pairing to phone

Go to solution
  • Hello. I have just bought the BT Baby Monitor 6000 which should be able to connect to a smart phone via the ‘BT Smart Controls’ app. I have followed the step by step set up but when I press and hold the ‘link’ button is does absolutely nothing! Meaning the app doesn’t find the monitor so I cannot pair it to my phone - which is the primary reason why we chose this monitor in particularly. It doesn’t as so much make a noise and we’ve held the button for up to 60 seconds. Can anyone help?! 
0 Ratings
36 REPLIES 36
lnajr02
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 37

Re: BT baby monitor 6000 - not pairing to phone

Go to solution
The BT baby monitor 6000 is not linked to BT Smart Controls you require a BT Smart Baby Monitor with 5 inch screen , looks the same but it has the updated camera.
0 Ratings
cerveno_97
Beginner
Message 3 of 37

Go to solution

I have to disagree. Before I ordered the monitor I specifically looked to see if it can connect to the App. The 2.8 inch screen does and specifies this in the product description.

0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 4 of 37

Go to solution

@cervenco_97 welcome to the community and thanks for posting, I've removed the link as it's not permitted to post links to third party e-commerce sites on the community, sorry. I believe there may be some confusion, e BT Baby monitor 6000 doesn't have app connectivity however the Smart baby monitors with 2.8 inch or 5 inch screens do, these are different products to the BT Baby monitor 6000.

0 Ratings
cerveno_97
Beginner
Message 5 of 37

Go to solution

No problem.

I’m not sure I understand, the product description specifies that you can connect your phone to the app... also the set up manual it came with shows you how to connect your phone within the step by step set up manual?! Surely that would not be included if the monitor was not compatible to mobile phone pairing?! 

also, when I ordered the monitor is was either this one (which was £40 more) or exactly the same one that specified it DOES NOT connect to mobile devices, which was obviously cheaper. 

I honestly feel like I’ve either been sent the wrong monitor or it’s faulty. I’ve checked over the whole order and details of the product and I am confident I ordered a monitor that made me believe I could set up to pair with my phone!! 

0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 6 of 37

Go to solution

Hi @cervenco_97 this is the link to the userguide for the BT baby monitor 6000. I can't see any mention of an app, are you sure this is the same model of Baby monitor that you have?

0 Ratings
cerveno_97
Beginner
Message 7 of 37

Go to solution

Hi,

yes I am confident I have the same model just the smaller screen. Again I will stress that the description of the product and the set up manual it comes with does not imply that the smaller screen means it does not pair up with a phone. The box it came in even has a photo of the parent unit, the camera monitor and an iPhone screen with the app on it. 

0 Ratings
lnajr02
Recognised Expert
Message 8 of 37

Go to solution
Try this :
factory reset the camera to its original settings?
Hold down the "Link button" on the back of your camera
Switch the camera to OFF, whilst still holding the 'Link button'
Whilst still holding the "Link button", switch the camera on again.
Wait for around 20 seconds until you hear a loud beep, then release the 'Link button'
The camera has now reset to factory settings, wait a couple of minutes for it to restart.
Then with the camera reset check the app is clear of cameras and repair the camera to the WiFi start by holding the link button until the camera announces "Ready for pairing" then follow the App
0 Ratings
MurrayB
BT Devices Expert
BT Devices Expert
Message 9 of 37

Go to solution

Hi cerveno_97,

Can you please look at the label on the bottom of the Baby Unit (camera) and under the stand/leg on the Parent Unit (display) and tell us what product name it gives on those labels?

Additionally, does it give an Item Code (0xxxxx) - if so could you please let us know that as well.

Thanks in advance.

0 Ratings
Lauren21
Beginner
Message 10 of 37

Go to solution

Hi I am having the same issues it just will not connect to my phone,

did you manage to solve this issue if so how so? 

thank you!

0 Ratings