Did you mean: 
Coombe01
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

BT homehub 6 Ethernet ports have stopped working

Go to solution

Hi

I'm hoping someone can help me. 

I have had a TP link powerline working quite happily off one of the ports on my homehub but when I upgraded the power line adaptor the ethernet ports on the router stopped working.

I have checked this in several ways and it definitely seems to be at the router end not the plug in. I have done a factory reset by pushing a pin down the hole at the back of the router and also by connecting to the router via  bthomehub.home/ and nothing improves the situation.

We are on 3mbs ADSL as fibre was too unstable - can't imagine that this has any bearing but .....

Somewhat stuck - can anyone suggest what I should try next?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: BT homehub 6 Ethernet ports have stopped working

Go to solution

@Coombe01 

Have you tried connecting a computer directly to an Ethernet port?

A factory reset of the home hub may also help, just in case the configuration has been corrupted.

0 Ratings
Coombe01
Beginner
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

I did plug a laptop into one  of the ethernet ports and it failed to connect - worked ok on wifi

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

If you have already tried a full factory reset of the home hub.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/11386/%7E/how-do-i-reset-my-bt-hub-to-its-factory-set...

Then it would appear that the home hub is faulty, and you will have to ask BT to swap it out for you. You will need to return the faulty unit to BT using the returns bag they send you.

0 Ratings
Coombe01
Beginner
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution
Thanks. I'll try that
0 Ratings
Mooly
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution
Was going to add that if a factory reset fails then try a mains disconnection for a few minutes.

Factory resets will still keep much of the circuitry powered up, something that only a mains disconnect can address.