Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
123JohnBull
Beginner
Message 1 of 10

BT hub 6

Go to solution

Hello, I recently upgraded my BT hub5 for the BT hub 6,  Hub 6 is now connected to my system but when I look at the hubs available to log onto I can still see my Hub 5  and Hub 6 are both available.

The suprising thing is I can still log into Hub 5 but what stumps me is Hub 5 is no longer connected it is boxed up in a cupboard. I can change to Hub 6 by putting in the access code and vice versa.

Can anyone tell me how it can possible to still log into Hub 5.

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 10

Re: BT hub 6

Go to solution
Just select the hh6 ssid either 2.4 or 5 ghz network and enter wireless password
If hh5 in box in cupboard then you cannot connect to it I would just tell your wireless devices to forget the hh5 ssid

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 10

Go to solution

Do you have any powerline adaptors  or wireless access point that you had cloned to the HH5. If so they will still be using the HH5 SSid.

0 Ratings
123JohnBull
Beginner
Message 4 of 10

Go to solution

Hello Ditinguished Sage,

I am still using the same power adaptor I was using for the Hub 5 I will change it tomorrow and see if it is any different. Many thanks.

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 10

Go to solution

You can still use the same powerline adaptors, you just need to factory reset them then set them up with the new Smarthub.

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 10

Go to solution

Or just leave things as they are.

0 Ratings
123JohnBull
Beginner
Message 7 of 10

Go to solution

Thank you for you reply, Ihave clicked forget on my devices for hub 5 and connected them all to hub 6.

Hub 5 still shows  as available so I entered the old password into an old iPad and it as connected to the internet. It is not causing any problems to my connection to the internet it was just puzzling as to why Hub 5 was still showing available.

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 10

Go to solution

As per my previous post, if you have wireless powerline adaptors the HH5 is still showing as available because your powerline adaptors will be transmitting the HH5 name untill you reset them to transmit the HH6 name.

123JohnBull
Beginner
Message 9 of 10

Go to solution

Many thanks, all sorted now, (I think)🤡

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 10

Go to solution

Personally, I wouldn't clone the adapters but rather give them their own SSID, that way you know which device you are connecting to.

0 Ratings