cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 2

BT mini connectors not working help please

Hopefully someone can get to the bottom of this, since moving to BT our mini connectors have not worked. I can pair them whilst they are in adjacent sockets but as soon as they are  moved to the correct places they lose the signal. The closest they get is one connector with 2 blue lights and the other with a blue Ethernet and then orange data light. We’ve had an engineer visit who managed to get them to work but as soon as he left the next day they were disconnected again. Our hub is in an extended part of the house and the engineer seemed to think this may be causing the problem. We’ve had another set of connectors delivered today in case the first were faulty but having the same issues. Now we have 4 connectors can we try use all 4? Thanks 

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 2

Re: BT mini connectors not working help please

@frank77 

You can use all four, but only one must be connected to the home hub, all the others must be paired to that single one.

See the instructions for adding extra mini connectors.

https://www.bt.com/help/tv/how-do-i-add-a-new-powerline-adapter-or-bt-mini-connectors-to-my

It can sometimes help to add extra ones, as some adapters will act as a bridge and may improve the connection.

The older Comtrend adapters work that way, so its possible the mini connectors will do the same.

0 Ratings