Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dungiven
Contributor
Message 1 of 8

BT modem

Go to solution

Can anyone who recently connected to a BT superfast fibre package confirm what model of homehub they received?

I went on chat there and guy said it was homehub 6,bit suprised that is still kicking about, but i guess that hopefully means they have ironed out all the gliches in it? I am moving over from Zen broadband and have a fritz!box 3490, can i use the fritz!box 3490 on BT?

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
-Richie-
Expert
Message 2 of 8

Re: BT modem

Go to solution

It's not technically a home hub 6, after the HH5 the next version was branded a BT Smart Hub, which is the latest version for fibre packages, there is a Smart Hub 2 which is for complete wi-fi customers.

Personally I have the Smart Hub, I've got great wi-fi coverage so not had a new to upgrade to complete wi-fi.

Dungiven
Contributor
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution
Thanks for the info.Seems you are happy with Smart Hub performance. Do you know if I can use my own existing modem on BT?
0 Ratings
-Richie-
Expert
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

@Dungivenwrote:
Do you know if I can use my own existing modem on BT?

I know people do use their own 3rd party routers but it's not something I've done, hopefully one of the more tech savvy members will reply, my smart hub just works so i've never had any urge to change it.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

Yes, you can use the Fritz box. Username will be bthomehub@btbroadband.com and password bt when prompted setting up.

Dungiven
Contributor
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

Excellent.Many thanks.

0 Ratings
Dungiven
Contributor
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

0 Ratings
Dungiven
Contributor
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

Thanks for the info,

My hub was supposed to arrive today but was not  delivered as promised.Going live tomorrow and current tracking shows hub at sorting office in England.My post does not arrive each day until 3.30-4pm so i could be without broadband for several hours but thankfully i should be able to use my existing router with details supplied by this thread.Not a great start as BT had 2 weeks to get the hub to me on time.

0 Ratings