cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

BT premium Whole Wi-Fi - disks lights cycle through purple, flashing blue and then red

My BT Whole WIfi has worked well for the last 3-4 years. Suddenly the disks keep dropping connection complaining about a range of things including Firmware incompatibility. The main disk connected to the router seems to continue working fine.

the two other devices cycle through red, flashing blue and solid purple. There seems to be no consistency. It’s causing havoc and devices losing connection

ive tried resetting and have also tried a factory reset of the devices but same result. 

not sure if related but recently switched from BT to EE. I’ve not needed to change router or anything. 

What can I check? 

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: BT premium Whole Wi-Fi - disks lights cycle through purple, flashing blue and then red

Could be a WIFI interference thing.

Have you switched off the WIFI network on the main router, seeing as your Premium disks are what provides WIFI now I would ensure the WIFI radios are on the router are switched off to avoid interference. Potentially just changing the channels the 2.4ghz and 5ghz network are on could help, when it is left to auto it will just change itself, potentially to an unfavorable one. You can get WIFI Analyzer apps which can report which channel is optimum. You mention nothing has changed so maybe its something like that.

Firmware incompatibility is a strange one, ive not seen that before, are all the discs running the same firmware, has some crazy situation occurred where some have updated and others not?

The one connected to the router will likely always be fine given it is hard wired. What the other two are exhibiting is what typically happens when they lose connection to the master disc or the disc they are MESH'ing with. They just reboot cycling through purple first then flashing blue to look for a partner and when they cant find one they go red.

The same can occur also when the discs crash, mine used to do it if I overloaded them, its really frustrating because all the devices connected to the the discs you have carefully placed to grant the further coverage then cannot find any WIFI or connect to a very weak signal from the master.

When it is all working, what is the signal strength like from the 'satellite' discs? It will say in the app.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BT900 | Nokia ONT | Ubiquiti ER-X | EETV Box Pro (IP Mode) | Unifi CK2 | 6x Unifi U6+ | 2x Unifi SAK Ultra
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: BT premium Whole Wi-Fi - disks lights cycle through purple, flashing blue and then red

I ended up factory resetting and reinstalling the app and the discs. That has fixed it for now. 

0 Ratings