cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

BT pvr box hard drive transfer to another

I have a bt tv box that has gone dead. No leds and no sound of hard drive spinning. 

I have bought a used bt tv box which works fine but I was wondering if I could swap the old hard drive out of my old box into my new bt box. 

I would like to do this as I have a lot recorded films and TV programmes that I would like not to lose.

The old box is a BT youview DTR 2100 500gb

and the new box is a DTR 2110 500gb

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: BT pvr box hard drive transfer to another

It should be OK to swap them over, they are just storage hard drives. If the PVR is the same as other PVRs the start up software is hardwired into the PVR mother board and does not have it on the Hard drive.

Give it a try, you have nothing to lose, that is assuming the "old" hard drive is not faulty. If it doesn't work you can always just swap them back. 

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: BT pvr box hard drive transfer to another

It won't work as recordings are tied to the box on which they're made. With some dicking around with the drive in a USB caddy & appropriate PC software, you may be able to copy off SD recordings, but HD recordings are encrypted.

There's a lot of knowledge on the Hummy.tv forums if you have the time to trawl them, but this thread sums it up.

0 Ratings