cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 15

BT smart baby monitor- 5inch

I have connected my camera to WiFi. I have tried connecting to the camera on the app using 4g and it comes up with an error message, however when I do it on my partners phone hers connects straight away. I’ve uninstalled app and still no joy. She is on EE and I’m on 3. Anybody had similar issues?

0 Ratings
14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15

Re: BT smart baby monitor- 5inch

Hi @Shaunl1990 welcome to the community and thanks for posting, I haven't come across that issue on the community before and it's strange it's working on one mobile network and not the other. I'd recommend getting in touch with the baby monitor team as I'm sure they'll be able to offer you advice.

By phone: 0808 100 6554

Monday to Friday 9.00am to 5.30pm

By email: btvideobaby@bt.com

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 15

Hi Neil,

ive tried speaking to them and they are not helping me at all. I’ve tried resetting my phone, reinstalling the app, restarting the monitor, no luck with anything. As I say when I use my partners phone with my login details it works straight away, but doesn’t on mine. I’ve spoke to 3 and they said my coverage is perfect so haven’t a clue what the issue is 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 15

Hi @Shaunl1990 I'm sorry about that, I'll highlight your thread to the BT devices team to see if they have any suggestions.

Message 5 of 15

Quick update, I have turned my personal hotspot on on my phone and connected my iPad to it. The camera is connecting straight away on the app on my iPad but still not my phone so clearly there’s an issue wi5 my phone. Any help on this would be appreciated 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 15

From the information you've given, I would guess that the app is not fully compatible with your phone.

Assuming it's an Android phone, open Google Play from a PC and go to My Apps. Click on the app you're using and click on the letter i (lower case i on a coloured background), It may say something along the lines of 'This app is compatible with some of your devices' or ' this app is not fully compatible with all of your devices' or something similar

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 15

Morning @Shaunl1990, the devices team think this issue is due to the mobile data permissions on your phone, deleting and reinstalling the app will not change those settings as they are on the device and not the app. They've also confirmed that if your phone wasn't compatible the app store wouldn't have allowed you to download it.  

The easiest way to check & fix the mobile data settings for iOS & Android would be: 

iOS – Settings > Scroll to the bottom & find BT Smart Controls > Mobile data should be enabled
Android – Settings > Apps > BT Smart Controls > Data Usage > Mobile data should be enabled

Post back and let me know if this helps.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 15

@NeilO 

Whilst it's true that Google Play won't allow you to download an app which is out and out incompatible with your device, it's my experience that it will allow you to download an app where there is a doubt (or at least it once did)

For example, I have a paid for app on my phone which I've been using for years and which I downloaded from Google Play despite it saying something along the lines of 'This app may not be fully compatible with your device' it's only since the last change of device that it no longer says this.

At the end of the day it's such an easy thing to check. 

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 15

Hi @Les-Gibson I can't speak for other apps but the info I posted was provided by someone senior in our devices team who is directly involved with the development of the BT Baby monitors. As @Shaunl1990 has already downloaded the app and it works on wifi just fine an app incompatibility issue is not likely the reason and it has been suggested to check the mobile data settings.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 15

Hi Neil,

Thanks for getting back to me. I logged into the app at around 2 am this morning and to my surprise it was working on my phone. I honestly don’t have a clue what the issue was and how I’ve resolved it but as I say it’s now working. The mobile data was always enabled in my setting so couldn’t have been that. Anyways thanks for trying to resolve the issue

0 Ratings