Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

BT smart baby monitor firmware update failing

Go to solution

Just bought this "smart" camera and after 3 hours of troubleshooting I cant get past upgrading the firmware. Just says "firmware update failed try again" 

Few points for experts;

Parent unit is not on but does work standalone and arrived paired.

I think I have factory reset it, hold link and turn off, then turn on whilst still holding link button. Please confirm. 

I have tried the update from two phones,  both android and samsungs. S9 AND S10.

I have deleted the camera and re added it, 4 times.

It connects to my WiFi okay, but in the settings there is no WiFi strength but it has a mac address so before someone says its my WiFi, it isn't.

Any other suggestions before I return it?

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Message 2 of 7

Re: BT smart baby monitor firmware update failing

Go to solution

Having exactly the same issue here, any advice greatly appreciated 🙂

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

Hi @Roblaff and @Luke_jeyes welcome to the community and thanks for posting. I'm really sorry the firmware update is failing on your BT Smart Baby monitor, I've highlighted your thread to the devices team to make them aware but I would also recommend that you get in touch with the helpdesk for assistance with this.

By phone: 0808 100 6554

Monday to Friday 9am to 5.30pm

Saturday 9am to 2pm

By email: btvideobaby@bt.com

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

Hello Neil.

Thanks for the response.

I know its only 2 reports but its highly likely its the connection to where the firmware update is hosted is failing(or the servers simply off and hasn't been restarted) but the software doesn't show where the issue fails which is a poor design in this day an age, its very easy to code an error to a failure point. Its very simple and cheap to code 1 error code for anything.

I will call them today I guess as the other option is to get a replacement but I feel this would be futile  as I would put a good bet on the same would happen.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution
All, I've called the number and the team have had a lot of calls about this issue. Apparently there's a fix link they will send out via email. We shall see.
Why can't they just post it here? @NeilO maybe you could source it and repost?
0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

This is email I received. I thought I had done a factory reset with the beep and it didn't change anything.

Well I followed the below and it worked. Whatever BT did or didn't I'm glad its working.

Thank you for contacting the BT Baby Monitor Helpdesk. We are sorry to hear that you are experiencing a problem with your BT Smart monitor. Do you still have the Parent Unit powered on and connected to the camera unit to stream video/audio?

If so, please fully power off the Parent Unit and then try the firmware upgrade again.

If this still doesn’t work, please try deleting and reinstalling the App.

If the problem remains, please reset the camera by switching this off (using the switch on the side), press and hold the Link button, then switch the monitor back on.

After about 20-30 seconds, you should hear a long beep. At this point you can release the Link button.

Then try adding the camera again (+ symbol on the home page of the App)

If this still doesn’t work, please email back with the following details so that we can escalate this issue further -

* Is your email address the same as the one used for your account?

* Full contact name and telephone number.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

I have done all of the above and i can no longer upload my camera at all, this is extremely frustrating, everything was working perfectly well until the firmware update. 

please can you advise as to what we should do now.

Many Thanks

0 Ratings