cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 21

BT tv pro box wrong date

Hi, I’ve noticed today that my box is saying the date is Friday the 4th March and therefore all my recordings are now messed up. 
I’ve gone through the settings and can’t see something that will set it back to today and I’ve turned the box off. I haven’t reset just because I’d lose my recordings so far but what do you suggest I do? 
thankyou

0 Ratings
20 REPLIES 20
Message 2 of 21

Re: BT tv pro box wrong date

I have same problem and can't get my subscription channels. New Pro
box installed yesterday..worked until this morning. After half an hour waiting on the phone,told it is a known issue and someone will get back to me. In the meantime my calendar on the guide is wrong,unable to view my Big Sports channels but by some miracle
can view BT Sports channels my ipad but not my other Sports subscription channels. Help!! I'm sure today is Tuesday 1st and not
Friday 4th !!!

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 21

Hi @Filosopher 

Today I received an SMS from BT telling me of a potential problem with my BT TV Pro box. I followed the instructions in the posting linked from the SMS, apparently successfully. However, when I checked the software version, the screen stated that the Software was last checked on 4th March 2022!

@SeanD posted the instructions, is this the same problem and if so it does NOT seem to be fixed after following your instructions ☹️

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 21

Sean has posted a way of fixing this and I now have the correct date and my Subscription channels back! Thanks Sean...Home,Settings,Software then Update Software. Problem solved.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 21

Thanks @Filosopher 

I have seen that the post from @SeanD and updated the software as suggested.

The “last checked for update” date is now correct. 

I tried to update the apps, this failed with an error message, but the “last checked for apps” date is now correct

Hopefully the full problem will be fully fixed overnight 

Message 6 of 21

Software update not working for me. Date still wrong, "last checked" date wrong & no increment in software version 0.5.110.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 21

My version is also still v0.5.110
Should it have changed @SeanD ?

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 21

The latest software versions list is on the YouView website: https://support.youview.com/youview-box/software-updates/latest-software-versions/ 

It looks like they haven't added a software version number yet for the latest update, which I think should be higher than 0.5.110.

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 21

Hi @stereohaven 

I think they just issued any emergency patch today. I’m not expecting to get an SMS for every update 😀

Reading @SeanD posts it seems possible that the full fix may arrive overnight.

cheers

Message 10 of 21

That seems to be the case.

Paraphrasing Ace Ventura, if it's not there in 5 minutes...

ace-ventura.png

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
0 Ratings