cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lisa88C
Beginner
Message 91 of 97

Re: BT video baby monitor 6000 additional camera

This is crazy that there are still no solutions for anyone who bought the 6000 monitor.. Mind boggling!! I would not recommend this monitor to any family or friends in future. What is the point of having a monitor which says you can have additional cameras, without the option to buy additional cameras.. Insane!!! 

0 Ratings
Discom_ltd
Aspiring Contributor
Message 92 of 97

I am sorry you have had no success in finding additional cameras for the BM 6000. If you contact Discount Communications on 0800 980 8999 we do have a small amount of stock available.

The website may not show stock of the bm6000 camera as they sell out very quickly

0 Ratings
SM11
Beginner
Message 93 of 97

I haven’t been able to tell from this thread if having two cameras on the 6000 means that sound will automatically be detected, activating the parent handset even if the picture happens to be set on the other camera. Basically I have two children in two rooms and want to be alerted if either makes sound through the night, without manually switching between the two. 

0 Ratings
rbrb
Beginner
Message 94 of 97

@SM11 have you had a response?  This is exactly what I’m trying to establish - we have 2 cameras and 1 parent unit (due to accident with 1st parent unit and therefore buying another monitor the next day). We now have a 2nd chid so want a camera in both rooms but can’t work out if having two cameras on the 6000 means that sound will automatically be detected on the parent handset even if the picture happens to be set on the other camera.  As far as I can work out from what I’ve read there’s an autoflock between cameras but this affects the sound.  i just want to know  whether we need 2 separate monitors - would have to buy a completely different one so we don’t get confused in the middle of the night.

0 Ratings
lnewt
Aspiring Contributor
Message 95 of 97

I think the answer to your question is no if I understand it correctly.

We have the 6000 parent and 2 x 6000 cameras set up in different rooms.

If you have 2 cameras running (one for each child in seperate rooms), the parent device is designed to alternate between the two cameras every 10-15 seconds (this is the final setting on the parent device, navigate far right and it's the last setting at the bottom). This is for both audio and visual. If, for example, camera 1 is displaying and during that 10-15 seconds, child 2 cries out, it does not automatically switch to camera 2, and you will not hear/see child 2 through the parent device, until the monitor switches to camera 2 after the 10-15 seconds is complete. If you think you hear child 2 crying (not via the parent device), you can of course manually switch the camera to camera 2 on the parent device.

If the settings are not on the auto switch between cameras as above, and the parent is just set for example to camera 1, in the above scenario, the parent will also not switch to camera 2. It is fixed on camera 1 and if child 2 cries out you will not hear/see them through the parent device.

I can see why this may be a concern but we have been running ours now for over two years (for our now 5 year old and our 2 1/3 year old) and I can honestly say this is not an issue in practice. It is such a short time and if one child does cry out they are going to cry out for more than 10-15 seconds until someone comes to them. 

I hope that answers the question.

0 Ratings
SM11
Beginner
Message 96 of 97

Thank you for taking the time to reply, this makes sense and pleased to hear that the delay hasn’t been an issue for you in reality. 

0 Ratings
SM11
Beginner
Message 97 of 97

First response was just today, below. I need to have a think about whether that would work for us or to get something different. Will be interesting to hear what you decide to do!

0 Ratings