cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
B1998
Contributor
Message 31 of 54

Re: BT video baby monitor 6000 additional camera

@McGuire2016, you won't be able to use the 2 parent units. You'll only be able to use one parent unit with up to 4 baby cameras.

If you go this route, remember that you can buy the cheaper model (2000 or 3000 if you're not bothered with the rotating motor). You already have the large screen from your 6000.

Having said all this, have you seen the post above with potentially a place where to buy spare cameras? Or have you tried 2nd-hand sites like eBay or equivalent?

0 Ratings
aledj2
Beginner
Message 32 of 54

I'm also trying to add a second camera to my existing 6000 monitor.

I emailed BT and had a very useful reply, saying I could connect a camera from the 1000,2000,3000,4000,5000 or 6000 models. There will be limited functionality in some combinations (as expected, you can't pan-tilt/talkback using a camera that doesn't have a motor or speaker!).

They also said that using a model 2000 camera with the 6000 handset will produce a lesser quality image. The 5000&6000 have better sensors than the 2000 but they seemed to suggest the image will be magnified. Can anyone comment how different/bad this image is?

Ta

0 Ratings
aledj2
Beginner
Message 33 of 54

Just to update. The image quality from a 2000 camera displayed on a larger screen (6000 parent unit) is absolutely fine!
It was a breeze to connect.
Deeh100
Message 34 of 54

Does this definitely work before I buy a 3000?
0 Ratings
Deeh100
Message 35 of 54

Natasha was it the 3000 you connected? And it works ok?
0 Ratings
sp_london
Beginner
Message 36 of 54

Hi. Can anyone who has this set up with 2 or more cameras let me know how this works?

Does it monitor both at the same time and play sound from both at the same time?

How easy is it to switch between cameras or does it show you where the noise is coming from automatically?

Thanks in advance!
0 Ratings
aledj2
Beginner
Message 37 of 54

I can only comment on the 6000 parent unit.
You have to manually change between cameras which can be done using the icon on the right of the menu. I think it looks like a camera and an eye.
Each camera is assigned to a number when it's added so just select the camera number and press ok. If there is noise coming from camera two but you are viewing camera 1 you won't see or hear it.
There may be a way of automatic cycling through cameras but not sure.
Is a bit annoying that this menu item is the very last one you get to but otherwise it works well for my scenario.
May not be ideal for multiple kids in different rooms at the same time.
0 Ratings
Sunamelon
Beginner
Message 38 of 54

Re: BT video baby monitor 3000 additional camera

I have just bought a new handset and camera. My old handset was playing up. I now want to use the new one with both cameras. How do I pair them?
0 Ratings
Keith07
Beginner
Message 39 of 54

Hi Bruno. When using two cameras on the 6000 model, will the camera experiencing noise or movement automatically alert you on the screen or do you have to manually check each camera? Is there an auto cycling or auto toggling feature?
0 Ratings
BT Devices Expert
BT Devices Expert
Message 40 of 54

Re: BT video baby monitor 3000 additional camera

@Sunamelonwrote:
I have just bought a new handset and camera. My old handset was playing up. I now want to use the new one with both cameras. How do I pair them?

Hi, in the menu of your parent unit screen, find the add camera option (a camera icon with a + next to it). You'll also need to press the Link button on your camera.

Hope this helps.

Community ModeratorBrunoN
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
I am a BT Employee and an expert on BT Devices queries. I am here volunteering my own time to give advice, and help where I can with BT device queries. Go here for more info.