cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dave1776
Beginner
Message 11 of 33

Re: BT webcam.

I can get into my account using Google search but cannot control anything from there. When I try to get into the account using the app with same username and password it tells me "error occurred"
0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 33

This is more likely to be a home hub issue where its run out of internal memory.

Try the usual fixes for the home hub, in this order.

factory reset the home hub.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/11386/%7E/how-do-i-reset-my-bt-hub-to-its-factory-set...

Then turn Smart Setup off.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44328/~/switching-smart-setup-on-and-off-on-the-bt-ho...

0 Ratings
dave1776
Beginner
Message 13 of 33

Thank you....never tried that before..... do I just click your links or copy and paste.....will need to try it later once I take a brave tablet....and since I lost my wife a couple of years ago now have loads to do.
But I would really like to thank you for your time. Much appreciated.
Dave.
0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 33

The links take you to a couple of BT help pages, simply follow the instruction there.

It will restore the home hub to its default settings, so if you have changed the wireless name or password from the default, then you will need to change it back to your own preference.

Hopefully it will allow you camera and app to connect.

0 Ratings
dave1776
Beginner
Message 15 of 33

Don't think I have ever changed any password on it. Not that competent. Only password I know of is the one on the little plastic tag on the back of the router.
0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 16 of 33

@dave1776 wrote:
Don't think I have ever changed any password on it. Not that competent. Only password I know of is the one on the little plastic tag on the back of the router.

Then it will be the same as that which is shown on the tag, so all wireless devices should simply reconnect.

Disabling smart setup is important, as smart setup can prevent some devices from working.

0 Ratings
dave1776
Beginner
Message 17 of 33

Even though it didn't seem to be a problem before?
Ok. At least I don't have to worry about password changes. So I will try to follow your links and the instructions. And hope I don't screw things up.
Hope to let you know that everything is working again.
Thank you.
0 Ratings
dave1776
Beginner
Message 18 of 33

Oh! Forgot to mention...I've got a laptop as well.
Can I carry out your processes from the lap top?
Probably feel a bit more confident doing that.
0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 19 of 33

It would best to do that from a laptop, as it will be easier to access the home hub web interface, as it may be awkward to do on a tablet screen.

0 Ratings
dave1776
Beginner
Message 20 of 33

Will do. Try to keep you up to speed as best I can.
0 Ratings