cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dave1776
Beginner
Message 21 of 33

Re: BT webcam.

If I can just ask (hopefully) one last question.
Do these processes take time to complete? Like can I take a break while something is ongoing or should I stay in front of the laptop?
Thank you.
0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 22 of 33

A factory reset should only take a couple of minutes at the most, and once the home hub reconnects to the Internet, you can go into the hub manager and disable smart setup.

Wireless devices should reconnect automatically. Then try your camera again to see if its any better.

0 Ratings
dave1776
Beginner
Message 23 of 33

Brilliant!
Thank you.
0 Ratings
dave1776
Beginner
Message 24 of 33

I have reset the hub. Have done that before for some reason bt cannot remember why.
When it comes to smart set up the first page is asking me to get on line with smart set up///get started////so have I got smart set up in the first place?
0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 25 of 33

@dave1776 wrote:
I have reset the hub. Have done that before for some reason bt cannot remember why.
When it comes to smart set up the first page is asking me to get on line with smart set up///get started////so have I got smart set up in the first place?

Smart setup is activated by default, so you need to ignore that screen and simply go into the hub manager

From the help page. Its the same for the home hub 5.

1. Open the Hub Manager by going to https://bthomehub.home or 192.168.1.254 in your web browser
  2. Click on Advanced Settings

Turning Smart Setup on and off

3. Enter the admin password. Unless you've previously changed it, you'll find the default password on your Hub settings card on the back of your Hub. If you have changed it and now forgotten it, you can use the password override feature to set up a new password
  4. Click on Continue to Advanced Settings

5. Click on Home Network and then Smart Setup

6. Click the appropriate radio button to turn Smart Setup on or off and then click Apply

Select No and then click apply.

0 Ratings
dave1776
Beginner
Message 26 of 33

Wow! Think I have got that. Should I change my admin password? Is it necessary? If not i will leave it.
0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 27 of 33

You do not have to change it unless you really want to, as the home hub cannot be accessed anyway unless someone has that little card, or can read the information from the hub itself.

Why I suggested you turn smart setup off, as it can interfere with devices like cameras which do not have an inbuilt web browser.

Whether what I have suggested will help with the camera, its difficult to say, especially as you are having an issue with the app, but its worth a try.

If all else fails then I think there is a helpdesk number on the BT shop link I posted.

Also check the user guide https://shop.bt.com/content/uni2/documentation/dqn6/smart_home_cam_user_guide.pdf

dave1776
Beginner
Message 28 of 33

Well thanking you. I did have a buzz at it but can't get into my account via the app and can't even open a new account. Maybe it's the tablet now that's unsuitable for the app. Not too sure.
But really and truly...thanks for your kind assistance and I'll give BT a bell in the morning.
Thanks.
0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 29 of 33

It does sound more like an issue with the tablet as it may not work with the updated app.

I wanted to eliminate any possible issues with the home hub first, which is what you have done.

Hopefully the BT helpdesk can suggest a resolution, if the user manual does not have the answer.

There are a few threads on the forum which may help.

https://community.bt.com/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/message?advanced=false&allow_punctuation=false&q=B...

dave1776
Beginner
Message 30 of 33

That's what I was thinking. The old app pre march this year wouldn't update and the new one in March isn't compatible.
You've been a great help BTW. Spent a lot of time on this.
I'll look at your link and have a look at the help section.
Thereafter give BT a call and get their take on things.
Thanks again. Trying to work out how I give you a thumbs up on this thing. Don't even know if I can do that!!
0 Ratings