cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

BT whole home - Connected but no internet on one disc

Go to solution

Hi All

I'm getting issues with one of my BT Whole Home discs, our broadband is SKY and the sky q router is a bit pants really so we bought these extenders to give us more coverage, and down stairs they work great, but I have one disc located upstairs in our bedroom and we are having no end of issues with it. 

I have devices that work happily down stairs with no issue but as soon as I go upstairs they give me a "Connected but no internet" message. As soon as I come back downstairs they reconnect again. Also I've noticed if the router goes down (it happens quite a lot with Sky), any devices that were connected to the upstairs disc need to be power cycled to reconnect them, whereas any other devices that were connected to the other 2 discs reconnect with no issue.

When I check in the app, I'm told that all my discs are working with an excellent connection.

I've tried some of the suggestions from other posts on here, mainly I've turned off all the discs then the router. Then powered up the router then all the discs one at a time, but I still have this issue. 

Can anyone suggest what else I can do? Is the disc just faulty?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: BT whole home - Connected but no internet on one disc

Go to solution

@martinm47 

Have a look at the WHW Faq's and if you can't find the answer give the WHW product helpdesk a call on 0808 100 6116 ( Mon to Fri 9am to 5.30pm and Sat 9am to 2pm) or drop them an email to: btconnectedhome@bt.com

It may also be worth asking on the Sky user forum, as people on this forum are BT Broadband customers.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

You could try swapping the disks just to check for faults

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

I swapped the discs around this morning and still get same issue. I don't see the device listed in the connected devices, but the device itself is saying connected, but with no internet.

0 Ratings