cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
4hawk4
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 10

BT whole home wifi location

So I’ve got 6 discs all located around the house, conservatory and log cabin. The issue I have though is they all want to connect to the main disc, and not mesh properly by going to the nearest and strongest disc. This means 1 or 2 of them remain orange. I keep switching them off and on, and occasionally they connect with each other properly, but 2 or 3 times a week they go back to connecting to the furthest away disc. I’d like to be able to control this, but there seems to be no way to do it in the app or the web interface. Has anyone else experienced this?
Tags (3)
0 Ratings
9 REPLIES
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 10

Re: BT whole home wifi location

Welcome to this user forum.

@Dan-O the devices expert would be best to answer this.

0 Ratings
BT Devices Expert
BT Devices Expert
Message 3 of 10

@4hawk4

The discs will prefer a connection direct to the main disc as this will give higher throughput speeds. There are some scenarios where you see amber/poor location reading - we have made some changes in the next firmware to improve this and use daisy chain more often.

Look out for an update towards the end of this month.

There's not currently any way to manually set how the discs connect.

Dan-O
BT Device ExpertDan O
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the thumbs up next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
I am a BT Employee and an expert on BT Devices queries. I am here volunteering my own time to give advice, and help where I can with BT device queries. Go here for more info.
4hawk4
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 10

That's great to hear thanks. Is there any chance in the future to be able to manually connect each disc to the closest one, rather than auto selcting as it does have a tendancy to connect ot the wrong one in the chain.

Thanks a lot for the quick response by the way

0 Ratings
4hawk4
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 10

Thanks
0 Ratings
BT Devices Expert
BT Devices Expert
Message 6 of 10

Hi @4hawk4

You'll most likely find you won't need the setting with the changes we are making in the next version.

We are keen to avoid the need for any manual configuration due to the smart nature of the product. Let me know how you get on once the new firmware is released.

Dan-O
BT Device ExpertDan O
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the thumbs up next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
I am a BT Employee and an expert on BT Devices queries. I am here volunteering my own time to give advice, and help where I can with BT device queries. Go here for more info.
4hawk4
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 10

Great will do
0 Ratings
4hawk4
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 10

OK so i've updated today and it seems to have made no difference. The discs just keep connecting to weaker one's and not the closest. 

My setup with 6 discs should be fine and only connect to the one's closest but sometimes, it skips to the next one or two in the chain causing amber discs, which I just don't understand.

Why can't those of us that want to have the ability to manually and perminently associate one disc with another? I understand what your trying to achieve and certainly there is a place for an easy setup, but I for one would like the ability to manage my own system

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Ahem
Beginner
Message 9 of 10

Is any fix to this problem? I am still suffering with this problem.
Discs are only connecting to the farthest main disc instead of ones which are nearer.

Thanks
Anil
0 Ratings
4hawk4
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 10

I just gave up and sent them back. If they were unlocked to allow manual mapping that would have helped
0 Ratings