Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cam24
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

BT whole home wifi

Trying to set up Whole home wifi and app is unable to detect discs

I have fibre broadband to the property and bought BT whole home wifi, with 3 discs (white) to improve the wifi.

When setting up the whole home wifi app cannot recognise the first disc. I have tried using the app on both my iPhone (latest os update) and iPad (older os pre update)

I have disconnected everything and started from scratch setting up the network several times, factory reset, deleting app/reinstalling etc but still no result. It gives me a network that I can join after scanning the QR code with blue light on the disc but the app refuses to detect the first disc.

The reviews for the discs on Argos are very good.

However 50% of the reviews for the App are terrible. Wish I had checked this before buying.

Before I return them and start quoting sales of good act 🙂 can anyone help?  and tell me why the app might not recognise the discs are there? BT can you help please???????

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
lnajr02
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 6

Re: BT whole home wifi

BT Helpdesk details By phone: 0808 100 6116 Monday to Friday 9.00am to 5.30pm and Saturday 9.00am to 2.00pm or
By email: btconnectedhome@bt.com
If you are using the QR code try to manually enter the admin details.
I am assuming that "Whole Home WiFi app cannot recognise the first disc" is after you have opened the App.

Can you confirm what Whole Home version you have , Whole home Gen 1 ( Original) , Mini or Premium ?
0 Ratings
cam24
Beginner
Message 3 of 6

Thank you for your reply.

1) I have tried both manually and QR code scan to enter admin details/password.

( this works and I connect to the BT Whole Home WiFi network and then I can not progress with linking the two other discs in the app as it gives me the attached warning even though the network is working)

2) Then the Whole Home WiFi app cannot recognise the first disc ( please see attached screen shot )

3) I have purchased a BT Whole Home WiFi Triple Pack£179.99 (AC2533 / 1733+800Mbps) item code 088269

sorry no reference to Whole home Gen 1 ( Original) , Mini or Premium on packaging???

It was purchased just over a week ago

image.png

product bought.PNG

hope to hear from you soon with a solution,

thank you...

0 Ratings
lnajr02
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 6

try this connect the first disc to the internet, wait for a solid blue LED, connect to the Discs SSIS and open URL http://mybtdevice.home , enter your admin password and check for firmware update.
Then with the latest firmware installed ( solid Blue LED again) turn on the other 2 discs. They should all update from the Master disc.
Then power down all the discs open the app and install as per the App.

If that fails can you confirm the firmware version on each disc?
0 Ratings
cam24
Beginner
Message 5 of 6

Thank you, I will try this later as I am currently working and get back to you, thank you again for help...
0 Ratings
cam24
Beginner
Message 6 of 6

Thank you again for your help.

I updated the firmware separately on each disc via the web.

This then allowed the app to complete the setup and I now have 3 discs fully working.

A little bit torturous to do, this solution really needs to be added to the instructions that come with the kit, it would save a lot of time.

thanks,

C

0 Ratings