cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Samjmo
Message 1 of 3

BT wholehome config

Hi all,
Was wondering if anyone has any advice, I’ve revently set up a 3 disk network of BT wholehome discs due to having areas of the house where the Wi-fi wouldn’t reach.

Whilst generally pleased and experience the need to reset the routers and disks every few days there is one problem which drives me up the wall which is the “network topology”.

Disk one (office) is plugged into the router, disk 2 (front room) feeds off one, and usually disk 3 (bedroom) feeds off disk 2.

However disk 3 frequently connects to disk 1 which results in amber lights and poor connections. When disk 3 is feeding from disk 2 it’s all hunky dorey...

Why is disk 3 changing the connection source all the time and is there anything I can do to fix it?

Many thanks
Sam

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES
Highlighted
IanD2
Contributor
Message 2 of 3

Re: BT wholehome config

There was an improvement to this in the last firmware update. I had similar and after the update, my system started daisy chaining correctly instead of just linking to the primary disc.

However, because of the other issues with the firmware update (see other thread) I've had my system replaced and is now running the previous firmware. Once BT fix the WH firmware issues, I would hope the improvement in the daisy chaining will also reappear.

Samjmo
Message 3 of 3

Re: BT wholehome config

Thanks for the response! Looks like I’ll just have to stomach it for now and hope the resolve! Ta
0 Ratings