Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Keith1234
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

BT wi-fi disk - solid red light after pairing

Go to solution

I have the BT Halo 1 package: one Smart Hub 2, and two black wi-fi Discs.  The package has worked well for some time.  One of the Discs started displaying a solid red light yesterday.  After a couple of attempts to re-set it was factory re-set.  Then it was paired by using the ethernet cable to the Smart Hub 2.  This was done successfully, i.e. it went through the usual sequence of lights and ended with a solid blue light.  However after then disconnecting the disk from the Smart Hub 2, by removing the ethernet cable, the light on the Disc went through a sequence of: flashing red light, flashing blue light, to end back with a solid red light.  The process was gone through a few times with no eventual success. 

Any suggestions?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
BAFlyer
Contributor
Message 2 of 6

Re: BT wi-fi disk - solid red light after pairing

Go to solution

HI,

I had a very similar issue and after several unsuccessful resets and pairings, I power cycled the Smart Hub and all started to work again. Good Luck

0 Ratings
Keith1234
Beginner
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

BAFlyer, thank you for replying.  Now, please excuse my ignorance!  By "power cycled" do you mean turned off and on again?  If so we tried this last night too, to no avail.  If it's something else then if you could explain further that would be really useful - thank you.  

0 Ratings
BAFlyer
Contributor
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

Power Cycling is turning the power to the hub off, then on again. If this didn’t work for you I'm afraid I dont have any further suggestions, apart trying again but turn the hub off, then wait for a few minutes before turning it on again to make sure the internal power regulators fully discharge.

Keith1234
Beginner
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

BAFlyer, thank you for replying again.  I have now tried this - and it has worked.  Many thanks. 

0 Ratings
BAFlyer
Contributor
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

Glad to be of assistance.