cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

BT2200 New additional handset unknown PIN

Hi,

My original BT2200 Handset buttons were worn and unresponsive so I grabbed a bargain on Ebay and bought some previously used but in much better condition.

But .......

PIN 0000 or 1234 does not register 

As these have not connected to Base Unit I guess resetting that is pointless, is there a way of resetting an unconnected handset PIN ?

Thanks

Tony

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: BT2200 New additional handset unknown PIN

Hi @tony26 welcome to the community and thanks for posting, page 41 on the BT2200 user manual explains how to reset a handset to default. I'd recommend giving that a try before following the registration process.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Thank You for your response 

I cannot do this on the handset in question as it just shows "unregistered" and the only option is to enter PIN ---- 

It then tries to register but fails, until it registers I do not get menu options 

I could do it via another handset but that surely will not assist as I cannot into this handset

I know from scouring this forum on some models there was an override PIN code *0#0* (for example)

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Hi @tony26 No problem, I'm sorry that didn't work.  I'd recommend getting in touch with the helpdesk on the below details. They may have a workaround when the pin is unknown.

By phone: 0800 145 6789

Monday to Friday 9.00am to 5.30pm, Saturday 9am to 2pm

By email: Click here for email support

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings