cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 5

BT4600 Set Up Issue

I purchased the BT4600 Trio for my grandma.

Tonight, she has tried to set them up and she can't get past the set date and time. She is able to get to the set date, but once she has input this it goes back to the 'set date and time' screen.

Can anyone help? 

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Expert
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT4600 Set Up Issue

Hi @clairep86 

'Save' will appear as an option once the time and date have been entered, is it possible that she's pressing 'Back' by mistake?

Here's the User Guide , I bought the twin for my Mum and to be honest after setting it up for her I can see a lot of people not finding it easy, particularly when it gets to call blocking.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 5

She is able to enter the time and then enter the date - she then gets a please wait and it takes her back to the time. She assures me she's pressing the correct button and I'm inclined to believe as she says she is pressing the same one.

We've tried turning it on and off again and we've tried multiple times.

She's quite far away so I'm unable to nip round and help her.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 4 of 5

It might be worth removing the batteries from the handsets and powering off the base station for 5 minutes or so and then trying again. There is an option in the menu to reset but I'm not sure you'll get to that without completing the set up.

If totally powering off doesn't work then it could well be a faulty unit.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 5 of 5

Thanks - I'll talk her through that tomorrow and see whether we can get any further

0 Ratings